University of Alaska Anchorage campus will be closed September 24, 2021 beginning at 6:40 AM, due to weather. Students and employees should check their email for more information. The university will remain closed for the weekend and reopen on Monday morning.
The Alaska Airlines Center will be open Saturday, September 25, for the home volleyball match that afternoon.
Initial Licensure Program Information
The School of Education received notification on Friday, January 11, 2019 that the Council for the Accreditation of Education Preparation (CAEP) revoked accreditation of initial licensure programs at the School of Education at UAA.
Initial licensure programs at the UAA School of Education are no longer admitting students. The Board of Regents approved the discontinuation of the following initial licensure programs at the University of Alaska Anchorage, effective September 1, 2019:
- Bachelor of Arts, Elementary Education
- Post‐Baccalaureate, Elementary Education
- Master of Arts in Teaching, Secondary Education
- Bachelor of Arts, Early Childhood Education
- Post‐Baccalaureate, Early Childhood Education
- Graduate Certificate, Special Education (initial licensure)
- M.Ed, Early Childhood Special Education (initial licensure)
Programs NOT affected by the CAEP decision
- Early Childhood Associate of Applied Science
- Educational Leadership MEd and Grad Certification
- Master of Education in Teaching & Learning
- Language Education Grad Certification
- Speech-Language Pathology Programs (now offered through College of Health)
- Special Education, MEd & Grad Certification--(Special Education track that is not initial certification)
- Early Childhood Special Education, MEd--(EC Special Education tracks that are not initial certification)
- PACE 500-level courses