Aviation administration A.A.S.
Explore the aviation administration associate degree program at the University of Alaska Anchorage
UAA’s associate degree in aviation administration prepares you for entry-level careers
in aviation management. Led by highly experienced aviation management professionals,
the program covers topics such as aircraft operating limitations and performance,
weather and atmospheric processes, federal regulations and aviation operations.
Aviation administration scholarships and financial aid
Get help with tuition and education costs. UAA offers a variety of scholarships and other types of financial assistance you can apply for when you choose to major in aviation administration. Learn more about financial aid opportunities at UAA.
What can you do with an aviation administration degree from UAA?
Aviation employers across Alaska consistently rate UAA alumni as top job candidates
because they are reliable, conscientious and detail oriented. Many UAA aviation students
are recruited for employment even before completing school.
Aviation administration careers
- Airport administrator
- Training manager
- Financial analyst
- Human resources manager
- Ticket agent
Aviation administration associate degree program highlights
With state-of-the-art aviation facilities, hands-on learning and valuable career-building opportunities, UAA’s aviation administration program prepares you to start your career in the high-demand field of aviation management. These are some of the top reasons to earn your associate degree at UAA:
- Access state-of-the-art aviation technology and equipment. These include UAA’s 80,00-square-foot training facility at Merrill Field.
- Work closely with faculty who are experienced aviation management professionals. UAA faculty include nationally recognized instructors with extensive piloting and aeronautical experience. Faculty are also dedicated and accessible teachers who work one-on-one with students.
- Join a program with strong industry partnerships. UAA aviation programs feature an industry advisement committee with representatives from large and small aviation companies from across the state of Alaska.
- Take part in campus clubs and organizations. Opportunities include UAA’s professional chapter of Alpha Eta Rho, an international aviation co-ed fraternity.
- Pursue advanced degrees in aviation management and professional piloting. The aviation administration program offers seamless transition from the associate degree to a bachelor’s degree in aviation technology, with options to pursue concentrations in aviation management and professional piloting.
Aviation administration associate degree program curriculumIn the aviation administration program at UAA, you’ll gain a broad understanding of all aspects related to air transportation systems. Courses explore topics such as aircraft operating limitations and performance, weather and atmospheric processes, federal regulations and aviation operations. You’ll also develop the knowledge and skills to succeed in managing the unique operational requirements of airlines, airports and general aviation support practices.
Top classes for aviation administration majors
- Aviation Law and Regulations
- Airport Operations
- Airline Operations
- Private Pilot Ground School
- Aviation Safety