Conflict Resolution Occupational Endorsement Certificate
Explore the conflict resolution occupational endorsement certificate program at the University of Alaska Anchorage
Develop advanced knowledge and skills in human services, including mediation, negotiation
and paraprofessional counseling. UAA’s conflict resolution certificate is designed
for undergraduate students in the A.A.S and B.H.S. degree programs or others who want
to enhance their work experience.
Conflict resolution scholarships and financial aid
Visit the UAA Office of Financial Aid to learn more about scholarships and awards you may qualify for to help pay for college.
Flexible program options
Enroll full time or part time. Start in the fall or spring.
Student advising and support
Earn your occupational endorsement certificate in a timely manner by developing a plan to complete the required 18 credit hours. If you enroll full time, you can obtain the certification in just three semesters.
Did you know..
UAA’s occupational endorsement certificate in conflict resolution is a convenient, affordable way to enhance your job skills.
What can you do with a conflict resolution certificate from UAA?
Advance your career in human services by providing specialized services to diverse
populations through conflict resolution methods. After you earn your occupational
endorsement certificate, you may find a variety of job opportunities, especially within
the Alaska Court System, Alaska Ombudsman’s Office and nonprofit advocacy work.
Conflict resolution careers
- Social or human services assistant
- Supervisor or manager
Conflict resolution occupational endorsement certificate program highlights
UAA’s specialized certification combines classroom instruction with experiential learning to provide advanced training in conflict resolution.
- Get on the path to an undergraduate degree. Coursework in the occupational endorsement certificate in conflict resolution is embedded in associate-level coursework and partly fulfills requirements toward the associate degree. This coursework paves the way toward the Bachelor of Human Services degree requirements. If you choose O.E.C. electives, you could be well on your way to earning an A.A.S. or B.H.S.
- Embrace a hands-on approach. Practice your skills through high-quality instruction delivered via classroom lectures, demonstrations, case studies and role plays.
- Learn from clinically licensed professionals and published researchers and authors. All program faculty have experience working in their respective areas of expertise. Their specialties include licensed professional counseling, clinical social work, psychology, marriage and family therapy, law and administration.
Amazing stories from conflict resolution majors
The conflict resolution O.E.C. prepared me to mediate with a range of ages, populations and interests. The interactive nature of the core mediation courses combined with the knowledge in theory lectures allowed me to enter a new career in residential care where I regularly mediate between youth and their families.
Conflict resolution occupational endorsement certificate program curriculumUAA’s O.E.C. in conflict resolution incorporates the most relevant, up-to-date theories and practices in human services. Courses are taught by faculty members who are professionals in their field, and each class provides opportunities to simulate experiences while focusing on communication and interpersonal skills, as well as diversity.
Top classes for conflict resolution majors
- Family Mediation
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Individual and Group Facilitation