Global supply chain management M.S.
Explore the global supply chain management online master’s degree program at the University of Alaska AnchorageUAA’s innovative, highly interactive online master’s degree program prepares you for leadership positions in global supply chain management and logistics. It also enables you to gain hands-on experience while building a network of global career contacts – regardless of your work schedule or location.
What you’ll learn
Designed for students of all experience levels, this master’s degree program emphasizes managerial leadership, information technology and international business practices. You’ll interact directly with industry experts and other students working in supply chain management at companies around the world. You’ll also get to conduct research and use virtual reality applications to explore supply chain management environments and situations.
Experiential learning online
All global supply chain management courses include gaming simulations, peer-to-peer learning and real-time interactions with industry experts. You’ll also conduct analysis and research related to supply chain management topics in your workplace and other businesses. You’ll then present your findings to classmates and industry experts using a variety of dynamic presentation tools and media useful for the global business world.
Your global supply chain management ePortfolio
As part of your course work, you’ll create an ePortfolio that includes your research and analysis of real-world applications in supply chain management for a specific business. At the end of the program you’ll present highlights and an analysis of your ePortfolio to a leading member of the supply chain management industry.
Global supply chain management scholarships and financial aid
UAA’s College of Business and Public Policy offers a number of scholarships and other financial aid opportunities to help master’s program students with tuition and education costs. Find more information about scholarships and financial aid.
Did you know..
Anchorage’s location as a logistics gateway between Asia and the rest of the United States allows for the global supply chain management master’s degree program to include the involvement of a variety of global supply chain management industry experts.
What can you do with a master’s degree in global supply chain management from UAA?
Alumni of UAA’s online master’s degree program have the leadership skills to succeed
as logistics and global supply chain management professionals and take the next step
in their careers.
Logistics and global supply chain management careers
UAA alumni work in leadership positions, from Manager to CEO, in diverse fields including:
- Supply chain management
- Freight management
- Transportation planning
A brief list of companies that employ UAA graduates includes:
- Alaska Railroad
By the numbers..
Global supply chain management master’s degree program highlights
Join one of the few AACSB-accredited graduate programs in supply chain management that is 100 percent online. No residency or campus visits are required and students from outside of Alaska pay the same low tuition rates as in-state students. These are some of the opportunities you’ll have as a student:
- Earn your master’s degree online while building a network of global peers. The program enables working students to complete assignments with flexible due dates while engaging directly with classmates and industry leaders. The program is also designed to offer greater accessibility for all students, including students with disabilities, older students and students for whom English is a second language.
- Engage in one-on-one and small-group conversations with other students and industry experts about a wide range of supply chain management issues. There will also be opportunities to share presentations, photos and videos from different logistics workplaces as you develop your ePortfolio.
- Take part in a variety of e-field trips. You’ll get to experience many supply chain management locations – from procurement offices to warehouses to ice road truckers – through videos, photo simulations and virtual reality.
- Access free or reduced rate memberships to the most esteemed supply chain management professional organizations. Examples include CSCMP, ISM, WERC and APICS. You’ll also get to attend any of UAA’s events, many of which are streamed online, and join any of the University’s student clubs, such as the UAA Global Logistics Association.
- Gain unique insight into the expanding role of Arctic shipping. The University of Alaska Anchorage is uniquely positioned in the United States to observe and study the impact of increased Arctic shipping first-hand. The program partners with the Department of Homeland Security Arctic Domain Awareness Center and the University of Alaska Fairbanks (UAF), a leading university in arctic studies and research.
Global supply chain management master’s degree program curriculumThe online master’s degree program focuses on the role of global supply chain management and logistics in an organization’s success. You’ll gain insights into the key responsibilities of internal logistics (procurement, warehousing and transportation) and how they interact with internal business functions and external members of their supply chain.
All five courses cover the challenges and complexities that supply chain managers face in a global business environment. You’ll gain the technical knowledge to manage the ﬂow of goods, ﬁnance and information, as well as the leadership skills to manage people across a global supply chain.
Top classes for global supply chain management majors
- Logistics and global supply chain management: Collaborate with other students to share experiences and learn the same supply chain management language.
- Supply Chain Technology and Systems: Conduct hands-on problem solving with software and applications used to manage supply chains.
- Leadership Principles and Management Skills: Learn essential management skills like how to mentor, coach and train employees.
- Quantitative and Financial Performance Metrics: Measure real-life supply chains using different applications for supply chain managers, including LEAN training.
- Role of Global Supply Chain Management in International Trade: Explore the global nature of supply chain management, with a focus on Arctic issues and the impact of increased openings of Arctic shipping routes on global supply chains.