Logistics and Supply Chain Operations A.A.S.
Explore the logistics and supply chain operations associate degree program at the University of Alaska AnchorageAlaska is a hub of international trade with numerous career opportunities in the field of logistics and supply chain operations. Designed with input from Alaska business, industry and military, UAA’s associate degree program makes this strategic location work to your advantage, with on-the-job experiences and networking opportunities to advance your career.
Flexible degree options
In addition to the Associate of Applied Science, UAA offers two certificate programs (occupational endorsement certificate and undergraduate certificate) in logistics and supply chain operations. This gives you the flexibility to build your professional qualifications one step at a time, applying the credits you earned in the previous program toward the next one.
These programs are also designed for busy work schedules. UAA now offers many of logistics and supply chain operations courses in a highly interactive online format that allows you to work toward your degree at a time and place that’s best for you – while still getting the same quality education you would on-site.
Logistics and supply chain operations scholarships and financial aid
Get help with tuition and education expenses. UAA’s College of Business and Public Policy offers a variety of scholarships and other forms of financial assistance you may be eligible for in the logistics and supply chain operations program. Learn more about financial aid opportunities.
Did you know..
Anchorage is just 9.5 hours flying time to 90 percent of the industrialized world, offering a strategic location to study logistics and supply chain operations.
What can you do with an associate degree in logistics and supply chain operations?
UAA’s logistics and supply chain operations associate degree program provides training
and experience – inside and outside the classroom – to prepare you for a variety of
Logistics and supply chain operations careers
Students who graduate from this program find jobs in procurement, supply chain management, transportation, warehousing and third party logistics services. UAA alumni have gone on to work in organizations such as:
- Lynden International
- Red Dog Mine
- Alaska Communications
- U.S. Armed Forces
By the numbers..
Logistics and supply chain operations associate degree program highlights
Learn from top logistics and supply chain operations professionals and gain real-world experience in this flexible two-year program.
- Benefit from flexible course options. The associate program offers a blend of online and face-to-face courses designed for busy schedules. Innovative online courses are interactive and feature the same quality academic experience you’ll find in class.
- Learn from experts in the field. Program faculty have extensive professional experience in logistics and supply chain management education and consulting.
- Get hands-on job experience. The associate program includes an internship opportunity in a position related to logistics or supply chain operations that can count as a three-credit elective.
- Network with peers and industry leaders through UAA clubs and campus events. These include the Global Logistics Association, the Cyber Security Club and the UAA Management and Marketing Club. Other events include bookstore talks and guest speakers on a variety of business-related topics.
Logistics and supply chain operations associate degree program curriculumThis two-year program covers a variety of logistics and supply chain operations topics including information management and customer service, warehousing and inventory control, purchasing, transportation services, transportation rates, tariffs and carrier liability.
Top classes for logistics and supply chain operations majors
- Hazardous Materials Operations
- Warehouse and Inventory Control Operations
- Internship in Business Administration