Management information systems B.B.A.
Explore the management information systems bachelor’s degree program at the University of Alaska AnchorageEmphasizing problem-solving techniques for business, the management information systems bachelor’s degree program offers hands-on training using software and creating applications. The program features internship opportunities and required community engagement projects that allow you to apply classroom learning to real-world business contexts. With your bachelor’s degree, you’ll be ready for careers in software engineering, project management, web development and security, programming and data analysis.
Community engagement projects in the management information systems program
As a management information systems major at UAA, you’ll be required to complete a real-world information systems development project. In addition to providing hands-on, practical business experience, these projects offer an opportunity to give back to the community and make valuable career connections that benefit you after you graduate.
Management information systems scholarships and financial aid
Get help with tuition and educational costs. UAA offers scholarship opportunities for management information systems including the AITP Scholarship and CIO Roundtable Technology Scholarship. Learn more about business scholarships at UAA.
Did you know..
Management information systems students design award-winning website for Kicks for Kids. A team of UAA management information systems students designed an online inventory system that helps Kicks for Kids distribute gym shoes for kids in need throughout the state. The website design won the team first place in the Association of Information Technology Professional's competition at the National Collegiate Conference in Atlanta.
What can you do with a management information systems degree from UAA?
UAA’s management information systems program is one of the major providers of qualified
IT professionals in the region. Careers for UAA alumni cover almost all the major
companies in both private and public sectors of Anchorage and Alaska.
Management information systems graduate programs
Many UAA program graduates go on to pursue master’s degrees and doctoral degrees. If you’re interested in exploring graduate programs, UAA offers a Master of Business Administration (MBA) and Master of Public Administration (MPA).
Management information systems careers
Alumni of the management information systems program work as analysts, programmers, project managers, network administrators, help desk technicians, user consultants, database administrators and web designers. Some of the region’s top employers for program graduates include:
- ConocoPhillips Alaska
- Computer Task Group (CTG)
- Resource Data, Inc. (RDI)
- Pango Technology, Inc.
- Northern Aviation Services
By the numbers..
Management information systems bachelor’s degree program highlights
Emphasizing community involvement and practical learning, UAA’s bachelor’s degree in management information systems will prepare you for a variety of in-demand business careers in Alaska and around the world.
- Get real-world experience that will help set you apart in the job market. Internships and community engagement projects give you the chance to tackle practical business challenges. Classes provide hands-on learning experiences using software and tools for business information systems integration, development and decision making.
- Make valuable career connections. UAA’s program has built close working relationships with the local community and industry leaders through an internship program, the IT advisory board and community engagement courses.
- Work closely with expert faculty. UAA faculty are recognized technology leaders who have professional expertise in all major areas of management information systems, including direct industry experience in IT. Smaller class sizes allow for close mentorship and one-on-one discussion.
- Use state-of-the-art facilities and applications. Special laboratories include multimedia presentation and advanced networking and information security facilities. These include a private cloud, SAP ERP, SAP Business Warehouse, and eye tracking equipment.
Amazing stories from management information systems majors
Workers who graduated from UAA’s management information systems Bachelor of Business Administration program often come with a wider base of knowledge and training. The four-year management information systems graduate has that additional depth, and is much better prepared to take on more complex projects.
Management information systems bachelor’s degree program curriculumThe bachelor’s degree in management information systems emphasizes problem-solving techniques to analyze, design, program, implement and manage solutions for business problems. The program covers a variety of topics including cyber security, web development, enterprise systems, business analytics and business intelligence.
Top classes for management information systems majors
- Analysis of Business Systems
- Project Management
- System Design, Development and Implementation