You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Attend events, receive a scholarship!
You’re investing your time to learn about UAA and we want to invest in you by giving you a $234 scholarship if you attend at least three events hosted by UAA Admissions. This can pay for part of your semester - if you’re an Alaska resident it will pay for one full undergraduate credit.* If one of the events you attend is a Green and Gold Visit (in-person or virtual) you’ll be entered in a drawing for a chance to receive an additional $1,000 scholarship!
- Eligibility Requirements and Details
To be eligible to receive either scholarship, a student must be applying for, or already admitted to, a term that starts in 2022, and be an undergraduate, degree-seeking student. They must be degree-seeking and have been admitted to the 2022 term they will be receiving the scholarship in. A student is only eligible once to receive the $234 scholarship, and only gets one chance to win the $1,000 scholarship. Eligible events include (but are not limited to): Academic Preview Day, Junior Day, Explore UAA, and all Fireside Chats. Ineligible events include (but are not limited to): an admissions counselor visit to your school, fairs and large events where Admissions has a table, one-on-one visits with an admissions counselor or admissions staff. All eligible events will be marked on the Admissions Events webpage. New events may be added throughout the 2021-2022 academic year. UAA hosts many events, if you wish to attend, or have attended, any UAA event that you are unsure of eligibility, please contact UAA Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To receive the $234 scholarship a student must attend three (3) separate, eligible events hosted by UAA Admissions and must be applying, or have applied, to a term starting in 2022. To receive the scholarship for the Spring 2022 term, a student must have attended three (3) eligible events before January 1, 2022. To receive the scholarship for the Fall 2022 term, a student must have attended three (3) eligible events before July 15, 2022
- To be entered for a chance to receive a $1,000 scholarship, a student must attend a Green and Gold Visit as one of their three (3) or more events. The Green and Gold Visit may either be in-person or online. A virtual tour of campus is different from a virtual visit. If you access the virtual tour without the real-time accompaniment of a UAA admissions counselor, that does not count as an event. Only scheduled Green and Gold Visits are considered eligible events. The $1,000 scholarship will be awarded for the Fall 2022 semester. The drawing to determine award(s) will be in late July 2022, so a Green and Gold Visit must be completed before July 15, 2021 to be eligible for a chance to win.
* Standard undergraduate classes are three (3) credits each. $234 is the price of one (1) undergraduate credit for in-state students.
Alaska High School Visits
Throughout the academic year, UAA admissions counselors visit high schools across Alaska to speak to students about the admissions process and all things UAA. These visits offer a great opportunity for students to ask questions about UAA life, academic programs, financial aid and more. Check out our upcoming events to see when UAA is visiting your area or high school!
Spring 2022 Events
All events below are event scholarship eligible.
- Green and Gold Adult Information Sessions (Virtual) | Saturday, June 4, from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Green and Gold Adult Information Sessions (In-Person) | Thursday, June 16, from 4:00-6:00 p.m.