The mission for the Office of Grants and Contracts (OGC)is to foster, protect, and enhance the reputation of UAA, its Community Campuses, and Principal Investigators(PIs) by facilitating sponsored activities in submitting high-quality competitive compliant research while maintaining commitments to external funders. OGC's primary functions are:
(1) provide services and support to campus academic, research, and business units;
(2) ensure fiscal stewardship and compliance with policies and regulations while embracing strategic goals within the UAA community;
(3) promote best practices ensuring consistency and efficiency in interactions with sponsors, affiliates, collaborators, and investigators.
OGC supports UAA's mission (disseminating knowledge) by providing high-quality services to researchers while safeguarding University interests. The acceptance of funding, restricted or unrestricted, imposes legal obligations on UAA with regard to management and accountability of funds; OGC works to ensure obligations are met. Core services include:
(1) providing comprehensive post-award oversight (negotiation to closeout) in concert with research staff to facilitate scientific discovery and foster collaboration across UA campuses and our institutional partners;
(2) acting as liaison with sponsor/financial representatives for questions and audits;
(3) Banner account creation, authorizing budgets, pre-approving costs, monitoring for allowability;
(4) interpreting and implementing policies/regulations;
(5) work with administrative offices to foster an environment that encourages and facilitates research.