Founded in 2000, the Center for Advancing Faculty Excellence (CAFE) is a colleague-to-colleague teaching and learning center that promotes excellence and innovation in teaching, research, creative activity and engagement in an atmosphere of collegiality. CAFE serves faculty at all levels and academic ranks across the University of Alaska Anchorage (UAA), including those at its Community Campuses.
CAFE offers a wide spectrum of workshops, events and assistance designed to help faculty:
* engage in effective teaching that promotes student learning and success;
* conduct meaningful research and creative activity;
* connect to resources and services throughout the university that support student success;
* maximize opportunities for interdisciplinary teaching and scholarship; and
* advance a community of scholars that enriches the mission of UAA and the life of our community as a whole.
UPCOMING EVENTSFriday, March 21 8:00 - 10:30 am Promotion and Tenure FEG Training LIB 307 or
Friday, March 28 8:30 - 11:00 am Promotion and Tenure FEG Training LIB 307
Friday, March 28 11:00 - 12:30 pm Promotion and Tenure and Progress towards Tenure for UAFT Faculty LIB 302A
Friday, April 11 9:00 am - 11:00 am Faculty Development 6th Annual Award Breakfast LIB 307