What is Accounting Week?
Accounting Week is a unique professional opportunity offered in collaboration with Career Services Center, UAA Accounting Club, and the College of Business and Public Policy Accounting Department to connect our accounting students and graduates to local accounting firms and organizations. At the beginning of every fall semester for the past 10 years, we invite employers to campus for participation in a series of events, socials, information sessions, and workshops. This year's Accounting Week will be held September 21 - September 25, 2015 and the UAA Career Services will be hosting employers to conduct on-campus interviews with students and graduates.
ACCOUNTING RECRUITING CYCLE OVERVIEW
How do I get involved in Accounting Week?
Students - Any accounting majors looking for full-time or internship opportunities for the Spring or Summer of 2016 can participate. Below, you will find important dates and deadlines, as well as information regarding FERPA releases and information on the UAA Accounting Club events leading up to and following Accounting Week. Please see the ACCOUNTING WEEK CHECKLIST to make sure you are ready to participate in Accounting Week.
Employers - If you are interested in hiring UAA accounting graduates and interns for your organization, please contact the UAA Career Services Center for more information. There are important dates and deadlines that are in place for companies participating, so for more information, contact Danica Bryant, the Workforce and Career Development Coordinator at (907)786-4513 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Current list of Employers participating in 2015 Accounting Week:
(Click the link above for the full list of important dates and deadlines)
- Schedule a one-on-one appointment with CSC Staff to review your resume, cover letter, and go over interview guidelines (optional, but HIGHLY recommended)
- ATTEND ONE OF THE FOLLOWING MANDATORY MEETINGS
- Saturday, 3/21 from 10:30 am - 11:30 am in RH 210
- Wednesday, 4/22 from 11:30 am - 12:30 pm in RH 215 (Only 23 seats available)
- Tuesday, 5/5 from 12 pm - 1 pm
- Friday, 6/12 from 12 pm - 1 pm
- Wednesday, 7/29 from 12 pm - 1 pm
- Friday, 8/7 from 12 pm -1 pm
- Thursday, 8/20 from 4 pm - 5 pm
- Please email email@example.com to register no later than 4 pm (AKST) the day before the meeting
- Room # will be provided after you register.
- Saturday, 3/21 from 9 am - 10:30 am: Accounting Week Orientation in RH 220
- Saturday, 4/4 from 9 am - 12:45 pm: Interview Workshop in RH 211
- Friday, 4/17 from 6:30 pm - 9 pm: Accounting Club Spring Social in Embassy Suites
- Wednesday, 7/16: Begin applying for Accounting Week job positions
- Friday, 8/28 - Last day for one-on-one Resume &/or Cover Letter Assistance appointments with CSC Staff
- DEADLINE TO APPLY FOR ACCOUNTING WEEK INTERVIEWS
- Wednesday, 9/2 at 5 pm
- No Exceptions to this deadline!
- Also this is the deadline for the FERPA Release Form and Release of Liability Forms
- Friday, 9/4 from 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm: Accounting Club Social in Downtown Marriott
- Friday, 9/18: Last day for Mock Interview appointments with CSC Staff
- 9/21-9/25: ACCOUNTING WEEK (Pre-Selection required/No Walk-Ins)
In order for professors to be able to discuss your knowledge, skills, and abilities with your potential employers, they require your expressed permission. Federal law as outlined by the Family Educational Right to Privacy Act (FERPA) prohibits University employees from sharing any of your information with individuals or parties that do not have a legitimate educational right to know, or whom do not have your permission. You are by no means required to submit these forms.
However, if you would like for your professors to have this right, please fill out the following FERPA form and check the box next to each name for every professor to whom you would like to give permission to speak to employers about your classroom performance. On the second page titled Instructions for Requesting an Oral/Written Recommendation, complete one form for each faculty member whom you would like to be able to give a recommendation.
The Accounting Week FERPA release (link above) will relate specifically to the time frame of Accounting Week. This form will need to be signed and submitted to the UAA Career Services Center along with a general copy of your resume by the deadline of 5 pm on Wednesday, September 2nd. This FERPA release and copies of your resume will then be distributed out to your approved faculty members.
ACCOUNTING CLUB INFORMATION
Getting involved with the UAA Accounting Club and staying connected looks good not only on your resume but to potential employers. Join the UAA Accounting Club today to stay up to date on future Accounting Socials, Employer Socials, and Opportunities to advance in your profession. Visit the UAA Collegiate Link Accounting Club Website
for more information on the club, the events, and how to join today!
Check this website often for updates on the 2015 Accounting Week. For additional questions, feel free to contact the UAA Career Services Center at (907)786-4513 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.