Camp to CHINA 2014 for High School Students
2014 Chinese Bridge-Summer Camp for U.S. High School Students will be held in China from 17th July to 1st August. This year, we headquarters would like to invite 800 American high school students and chaperons to participate in the summer camp and open 10-30 places for each Confucius Institute/Classroom (student-chaperon ratio is about 10:1).
During the summer camp, students will go to different provinces or cities to have Chinese language classes and Chinese culture experience in groups. We headquarters will be responsible for their cost in China including food, accommodation and group activities. Students and chaperons will be responsible for international travel fees, international insurance, visa application fees and so on. All students and chaperons should meet the following criteria:
1. American citizen;
2. High school students; age between 14 and 18; grades from 9 to 12;
3. Non-Chinese learning background and less than three years of Chinese learning experiences;
4. Have great interests in Chinese language and culture;
5. Healthy enough for international travel.
1. Respect and understand Chinese culture;
2.Good at communication and adaptable to new environments;
3.With K-12 teaching experiences;
4.Highly experienced in student management;
5.Healthy enough for international travel;
6. Under 50 years old.
Chaperons also need to perform the following duties:
1. Assist Confucius Institutes/Classrooms in pre-departure training for students;
2.Participate in all summer camp activities with students and comply with requirements;
3. Take the primary responsibilities for the safety of students during summer camp;
4. Help students adapt the environment and provide guidance for them;
5. Accompany students in emergency situation and provide help to contact their families;
6. Collect students' feedbacks and hand in reports to Confucius Institutes/Classrooms.
Confucius Institutes/Classrooms can start recruitment from today and send us back application forms, recommendations, CVs to our division (email@example.com) by 12th March. Please refer to Appendix 1, 2, 3 for application forms. We will send invitations to students in early April if they are verified.
On the occasion of arrival of Chinese New Year, we take this opportunity to thank all Confucius Institutes/Classrooms directors for your support and wish all of you a happy New Year and good luck for everything!
Please don't hesitate to get in touch if you have questions.
Fei Teng, Chinese Instructor
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgOffice: RH 115