The Civil Engineering program at UAA-SoE thrives on improving student performance to produce better engineers. Advising is a crucial element in a student's progress toward that goal.
The Civil Engineering department will implement the advising plan using mandatory advising to all students in the full major and pre-engineering status seeking to study civil engineering.
The plan will consist of the following:
- All students will have the opportunity to see their assigned advisors starting Monday, October 14, 2013 until Friday, November 8, 2013.
- Each student needs to update the Undergraduate student advising check list (green form) and the course scheduling sheet (yellow form) through her/his advisor. All concerns should be addressed to the advisor.
- The CE department enforced pre-requisite check on all engineering courses in the CE program based on student standing record. The student needs to address any concerns that she/he might have about transferred courses, unfiled petitions, etc. with her/his advisor.
- Students who fail to visit their advisors by the time specified in Part 1 will have a hold on their registration (you will not be able to register for Spring 2014).
- Students will have the chance to remove the hold on registration through their advisors during the advising week of November 11, 2013 to November 14, 2013.
The following is the list of advisors in the Civil Engineering department:
| Student Last Name||Advisor ||Phone ||Email ||Room |
| A-B||Aaron Dotson|| email@example.com ||208 |
| C-D||Utpal Dutta ||firstname.lastname@example.org ||204 |
| E-G||John Olofsson ||786-1075 ||email@example.com ||206 |
| H-K||Joey Yang ||786-6431 ||firstname.lastname@example.org ||202 |
| L-M||Robert Lang ||786-1859 ||email@example.com ||211 |
| N-P||Tom Ravens||786-1943 ||firstname.lastname@example.org ||207 |
| R||Orson Smith ||786-1910 ||email@example.com ||205 |
| S||Ghulam Bham ||786-6053 ||firstname.lastname@example.org||215 |
| T-Z||Scott Hamel ||786-1070 ||email@example.com ||209 |
| New Enrollment||Crickett Watt ||786-1085 ||firstname.lastname@example.org ||201A |
| Department Chair||Osama Abaza ||786-6117 ||email@example.com ||210 |
| Admin Assistant||Zlata Lokteva ||786-1951 ||firstname.lastname@example.org ||213 |
6. Students will be able to register for Spring 2014 according to the following schedule:
| November 8|| Registration opens for graduate students|
| November 11|| Registration opens for seniors (90+ credits)|
| November 12|| Registration opens for juniors (60-89 credits)|
| November 13|| Registration opens for sophomores (30-59 credits)|
| November 14|| Registration opens for freshmen (0-29 credits)|
| November 18|| Registration opens for new pending degree seeking UAA students|
| November 25|| Open registration|
7. Advisors will follow your registration plan throughout the start of Spring 2014 classes. Any changes in the registration should be reported to your advisor.
8. Appreciate your cooperation in making this advising cycle a successful one.
Note: A draft copy of the Spring 2014 schedule is posted on the civil engineering board under "Advising."