Blackboard: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. When are old Blackboard courses deleted?
Each year on April 15 we delete course shells that are more than 3 years old as of the prior December. On April 15, 2013, we will delete course shells from Fall 2009 and earlier. These were more than 3 years old in December 2012. If you have a course that you want to keep, contact the Call Center. Development shells are never deleted. Here is the policy on purging old course shells (section V.6.)
2. What is Mobile Learn? How do I use it?
3. How do I use the McGraw-Hill add-ons to Blackboard?
4. How do I connect Pearson publisher materials into my Blackboard course?
5. How do I add other people to my course?
To Add Teaching Assistants, Guests or other Instructors follow these instructions:
To add a guest who is not a UAA staff or student, you must first request a patron account from UAA IT Services. Go to Computing Account Request Form to fill out an official request. With the guests username or patron account login in hand, follow the instructions below.
In your Blackboard course shell:
2. Click Users.
3. On the Users page, select Find Users to Enroll.
4. You will see Add Enrollments: (Your Class Name)
6. How do I enable guest access to my course?
You can control whether or not the guest and observer roles have access to your course.
Guests in a course can include guest lecturers, potential students, or other users who are not directly participating in your course.
Observers are typically assigned to follow specific users in Blackboard Learn without interacting with the system. Observers are able to view the course and track student progress. Also, you can communicate Early Warning System notifications to observers as well as students, or just to the observers of a student.
How to Allow Guest and Observer Access
1. On the Control Panel, expand the Customization section
2. Select Guest and Observer Access.
3. On the Guest and Observer Access page, select Yes for Allow Guests and Allow Observers to allow guests and observers to view your course.
4. Click Submit
Top of page