Students who meet all the requirements of one of UAA’s approved programs may apply for an Institutional Recommendation (IR) for teacher, counselor, or administrator licensure.  The COE Student Services office assists candidates in this application process.

Steps to Professional Licensure (UAA Graduate)

Step 1:Apply for an Institutional Recommendation (IR).

Step 2: Order an official transcript online once you have received your completed IR from OFEC.

Step 3: Apply for Certification from the Alaska Department of Education and Early Development.