Associate of Applied Science, Apprenticeship Technology
At the completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate effective communication skills needed in the workplace.
- Display human relations skills.
- Show proficiency in computational skills needed for the occupation.
Bachelor of Science, Technology
This program builds on technical skills and knowledge to achieve professional and management competencies needed over a lifetime in continuously changing technological fields. Upon completion of this program, graduates will be able to:
- Develop, demonstrate, and evaluate policies and processes to ensure a safe workplace.
- Integrate knowledge gained in the program into professional goals and objectives.
- Design, schedule, manage, and assess technical projects.
- Achieve professional and management competencies for work in technical fields.
Master of Science, Career & Technical Education
The Master of Science in Career and Technical Education program at UAA provides instruction for teachers, administrators, industry trainers, and workforce development professionals specializing in career and technical education at the secondary and postsecondary level. Face-to-face and distance-delivery options meet the learning needs of students while making instruction available statewide. Internships are available for students interested in updating their skills in an aspect of industry. Eachstudent's program is jointly designed by the student and a faculty advisor.
Upon completion the graduate will be able to:
- Defend a philosophy of career and technical education using literature and personal experience.
- Facilitate discussions on and advocate for or argue against career and technical education.
- Design and implement curriculum using methodology that meets the needs of diverse learners.
- Develop, organize, and critically analyze research for a specific audience.
- Apply leadership and management theory through research and practice in organizations.
- Incorporate technology to facilitate learning.