Change to Blackboard Sender Email Address

Due to the new version of Blackboard, emails sent through Blackboard (including announcement notices) will use a sender address of instead of an instructor email address. The subject line of the email will still include the course name and the announcement subject. Please be aware of this change as you communicate. We advise you to include your name and email address at the end of your emails.


eLearning: Distance Student Services at UAA

 UAA eLearning: Distance Student Services provides support for UAA distance education students and faculty. We act as a liaison between students, faculty, and academic departments, provide support related to online courses, and coordinate test proctoring services.

eLearning Services also administers proctored exams, collects homework, and assists UAA students who may be taking distance courses through UAF or UAS in exam proctoring.

More information regarding our services can be seen by selecting one of the links on the left. If you have additional questions, please contact a representative at (907) 786-1730 (toll-free at 855-582-2337) or email us at


Helpful Links

UAOnline - Class listings & registration

UAA Blackboard

"Me" Site - Account management & password resets

UA Distance Gateway - Distance learning at UA

Need help searching for online courses?

If you aren't sure how to find online courses offered with the University of Alaska, check out this tutorial video.
You can also view this document for instructions.



Special Notice to Residents of the Following States

Alabama, Maryland, Delaware, Kentucky, New York, or North Carolina

Residents in these states who seek to enroll in University of Alaska (UA) online programs and/or complete an internship in their home state related to UA enrollment need to be aware of special requirements. If you are residing in one of the these states and you anticipate enrolling in an academic program, entailing either online courses or an internship, at one of the three UA universities below, you must first contact the individual listed below at the university where you plan to enroll: