CCEL provides tuition awards for students to support faculty in their community-engaged teaching, research, or creative activity and to provide opportunities for students to develop their leadership and commitment to civic engagement on campus and in the community.
What is a Community Engaged Student Assistant (CESA)?
Community Engaged Student Assistants support students, faculty, and community partners in four key areas:
- Developing community partnerships with faculty;
- Recruiting, placing, training and coordinating service-learners for courses;
- Developing creative projects, applying technical expertise, and collecting research data;
Providing direct service/research to the community partner(s).
Current CESA Opportunities:
Spring 2016 RFP - Now accepting faculty applications for the Spring CESA Program
- Download the CESA Application Guidelines (pdf)
- Complete CESA application including narrative following the guidelines and requested tuition award.
- Submit completed CESA application electronically (pdf format preferred) to the CCEL dept. email address firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application deadline is 5:00 p.m. on Friday, December 11, 2015.
Meet the previous CESAs and learn about their projects:
Fall 2012 CESA
Spring 2012 CESA
Fall 2011 CESA
Spring 2011 CESA