How can EOC assist you?
EOC provides FREE program services to eligible citizens within the Anchorage community. As an EOC participant, you can receive assistance from our wide array of services including information for and applying to any continuing education program (i.e. vocation/trade school and training program), college, or university within the United States.
Financial Aid Assistance
- Guidance with interpreting and understanding the financial aid process.
- Information on and applying for scholarships, grants, loans, and work study programs.
- Assistance with completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Referral to sources of local, state, and national scholarships and other financial aid.
- Guidance with interpreting and understanding the admissions process.
- Assistance with completing applications for college and training programs.
- Information on and assistance with preparing for required entrance and placement exams such as the Accuplacer.
Selecting a College or Training Program
- Help you compare educational options.
- Providing information on local, state, and national colleges, universities, technical programs, and apprenticeships that can help you reach your goals.
- Providing information and referrals to GED, high school completion, and/or English as a Second Language programs.
- Providing direction toward colleges and training programs that match your interest and skill areas.
- Assistance with selecting a career to pursue.
- Information on career outlook and employment trends.
- Access to career selection resources.
Loan Default Coaching
- Assistance with locating and assessing most recent loan activity.
- Practical coaching on how to repair working relationships with local and national lending institutions.
For Personal and Academic Development