Graduate Student Research:
All graduate students are strongly encouraged to complete Responsible Conduct of Research Training (RCR):
Graduate students planning to conduct research that involves the use of human participant subjects and/or human participant data, vertebrate animals, hazardous chemicals, biohazards, and/or radioactive materials are required to complete the Research Compliance and Intellectual Property (RCIP) Form. Also, if graduate students are planning research that will lead to intellectual property with commercial potential, they should complete the RCIP Form. At the same time, all graduate students are expected to respect the copyright, license and intellectual property rights that may attach to files of any media type, including software, texts, databases, images, video, music and other audio files, especially when using university computing and/or networking resources. For further information, contact the Office of Research Integrity & Compliance Officer or the associate vice provost for Research Administration and Commercialization.
Graduate Programs with Project Requirement or Option
Several graduate degree programs offer the option of a project as a final degree requirement. Programs that have projects are:
College of Business & Public Policy:
Need help formatting your project?
Please review your Program Project Handbook (see below). If you need additional help in using MS Word to format your thesis, check out UAA Continuing Education. They offer a wonderful course in MS Word 2010 for Formatting Thesis/Dissertation. See Workshops tab.
Please use the following examples to format your Project Signature and Title Pages:
Project Formatting Checklist (includes APA Style Requirements)
Project Submission Instructions
All projects must be submitted to the Graduate School and the UA Institutional Repository to complete degree requirements.
Instructions for Submitting Projects:
1. Final projects must have completed Signature Page and be approved by the College dean.
2. Graduate programs must email a project submission packet to:
3. Project submission packets must include:
4. Upon receipt of the packet, the Graduate School will:
5. The Consortium Library will upload the project into the UA Institutional Repository currently known as ScholarWorks@UA.
6. Projects must be submitted to the Graduate School and Library by the last day of the semester in order for students to graduate in that semester. However, earlier submission is encouraged.