Every graduate and professional student has a voice in the GSA and all are encouraged to speak up, speak out, and be heard. The graduate voice is important at UAA. What issues, concerns, and projects can the GSA address?
- Student advocacy
- Programming for graduate students
- Space planning for computer labs, group or individual study labs, and graduate offices.
- Graduate student life (commuting, social events, housing, etc.)
- Distance student issues
- GSA Scholarships Awards
- GSA Research and Creative Work Annual Summit
- GSA Workshops
- Other graduate and professional student concerns for all students, whether resident or distance.
The Graduate Student Association has sponsored social mixers with free food and beverages one evening each Fall and Spring. These social mixers have been a successful way for graduate students to communicate and organize.
Consider being a part of the GSA Executive Board or a Member-at-Large
What can serving as an officer or member-at-large do for you?
- Executive Board Officers receive a 1 credit tuition scholarship for a UAA course at the resident rate for each semester (fall and spring) of service
- GSA membership and board participation can be a valuable component of graduate or professional education for those students whose career aspirations are being affiliated with a university.
- You can affect positive change at UAA for graduate and professional students - you can make a difference!
- Enhance your CV or resume
- Get invited to the Student Appreciation Luncheon
- Contribute to the strategic plan and direction of the Graduate School
- Become the Graduate Voice at UAA