SCROLL DOWN FOR THE FOLLOWING:
Requirements for Time Sheets & Time Reports
Time Sheet and Time Report Printing Instructions
Making Corrections to Time Sheets & Time Reports
Who is required to complete a time sheet
CLICK TO ACCESS THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
Link to Web Time Sheet information
Requirements for Time Sheets & Time Reports
The following elements are required for every time sheet or report that is turned into payroll. Click here to determine which employee categories are required to turn in a time report every pay period in order to receive pay. If you are not in an employment category that requires you to turn in a time sheet each pay period in order to receive pay, click here to determine the circumstances under which you are required to turn in a time sheet or time report.
- All paper time sheets and time reports must be completed in ink
- Employee signature
Note: The employee's signature is required for revised time sheets and time reports). If the employee is unavailable, the Cost Center may sign N/A (Not Available) and their own signature.
- Department approval shown by the signature of the Department Dean/Director/Supervisor or designee.
- Restricted funds require the signature of the Principal investigator or someone with direct knowledge of the level of effort expended in accomplishing the project, as per signature card.
Note: No one person may sign for both the employee and the department.
Time Sheet & Time Report Printing Instructions
- Click on: Time Sheets.
- Click on CommonSpot 'Login' Enter the User ID and password for time sheets.
- The grid is sorted by TKL number, Non-exempt (time sheet) or Exempt (time report) and run number (i.e. R04, R26). Click on the desired choice. For example: Your TKL is T765 and you want the Non-exempt time sheets for R06. You would go to the section labeled TKL 700 and click on the box that intersects Non-exempt and R06.
- Adobe Acrobat opens up and the preprinted time sheets/reports appear on screen.
To Print out one time sheet/report:
- Click on the binocular icon Search on top left tool bar. The Acrobat Search PDF box pops up. Enter the employee id number or name (Last name first) of the employee whose time sheet/report you want to print. The search results will appear in the Results box. Click on the one that you want to print.
- Select File from the top left of screen. Click on Print Setup and make sure your printer is set to Landscape. Click OK. Go to Print, click on the Pages choice in the Print Range box. Click on Current Page and click OK.
- Time sheet/report should print out.
To print out a number of time sheets/reports:
- A list of TKLs should show on the left side of the screen, if the bookmarks do not show click on the top tab on the left that "displays both bookmarks and the page".
- Click on the TKL you are looking for. Make a note of the page number that shows on the bottom of your screen.
- Click on the TKL that follows yours and make a note of the page number that shows on the bottom of your screen, less one page.
- Select File from the top left of screen. Go to Print Setup. Make sure your printer is set to Landscape. Click OK.
- Click on Print, click on the Pages choice in the Print Range box. Enter the starting and ending page numbers for the time sheets/reports that you want to print and click OK.
- Time sheets/reports should print out.
Who is required to turn in a time sheet each pay period to receive pay?
Employees in the following classes must turn in a time sheet each pay period to receive pay (Employee Classes CR, CT, NR, NT, NX, SN, ST). To ensure proper and timely payment, the employee or department must submit the completed time sheet no later than Friday (Pay Day).
Employees in the following classes A9, AR, EX, F9, FN, FR, FT, FW, GN, CT, XR, XT, XX must turn a time report in to Payroll if any of the following apply:
- Leave has been used (Annual, Sick, Military, etc.)
- Termination (Final time report)
Making Corrections to a Time Sheet & Time Reports
When the person who completed the time sheet is making corrections to their time sheet or report, they would line through the error, initial and write the correct figure above, below or to the side. Do not use whiteout or correction tape on a time sheet or report. If necessary to ensure legibility, score through the line and write the information on the next available line.