Paperwork Required for All New Employees

Form NameComments
I-9: Employment EligibilityPage 1 must be completed the 1st day of work. The entire form must be completed by the 3rd day of work.
W4 Tax WithholdingIf not submitted, the employee will be set up as Single, with 0 deductions.
Demographic FormMust be submitted with new hire paperwork.
Intellectual PropertyNot required for Faculty or Adjunct.
Health Insurance Marketplace NotificationMust be printed and given to all employees upon hire, regardless of previous position or benefit eligibility.  Please do not submit to HR.
Previous Injury & Illness Form All UAA employees must fill out a Previous Injury and Illness form when they are hired. Benefited employees will complete this form during their benefits orientation. All other employees should fill them out at the department to be submitted with the rest of their new hire paperwork. 

Additional Paperwork - to be filled out as needed

Form NameComments
Direct Deposit AuthorizationPlease note that direct deposit will take at least one payroll cycle to go into effect.
Disclosure of Outside ActivitiesComing Soon! Form will be available electronically.
Disclosure of NepotismClick here to be redirected to electronic form to submit online. You'll need your UAA username and password to access.
Tax Deferred Annuity (TDA)All employees can participate in the TDA, regardless of benefit eligibility.

NEW Form for Temporary Employees

All new temporary staff and adjunct instructors (NT,XT,CT,NX,XX,FT,FW) must complete and submit the Temporary Employee / Rehired Retiree Exemption from Social Security Form with their new hire paperwork.  New Temporary Employees who don't include this form will not be set-up in Banner.



Additional Paperwork - Student Employees (SN/ST, GN/GT)

Form NameComments
Student Status Verification for Eligible EmploymentMust be submitted with new hire paperwork.
International StudentsMust submit all of Glacier documents and Tax Summary Report with new hire paperwork.
 Current I-20 must be submitted to HR or on file in OnBase.

Union Dues Forms

Please submit a union form for each eligible employee:

Local 6070 (AHECTE)

United Academic-Adjuncts AFT/AAUP/AFL-CIO

University of Alaska Federation of Teachers (UAFT)

United Academics - AAUP/AFT

For further information, please refer to the Statewide Labor Relations homepage. 


When are New Hire Documents Needed?

Brand New Employee or...

Termed more than 1 Year Ago

Full Packet Required
Termed Less Than 1 Year AgoI-9 & Direct Deposit Required
Termed Less Than 10 Days?Call HR Tech - No Additional Paperwork Required