- Julia J. Smith, Janet M. Johnston, Vanessa Y. Hiratsuka, Denise A. Dillard, Steve Tierney, David L. Driscoll. Medical home implementation and trends in diabetes quality measures for AN/AI
primary care patients (2015) Primary Care Diabetes Volume 9 (2): 120–126.
- Smith JJ, Johnston JM, Hiratsuka VY, Dillard DA, Tierney S, Driscoll DL. Medical home implementation and trends in diabetes quality measures for AN/AI primary care patients. Primary Care Diabetes. 2014;pii: S1751-9918(14)00076-X. doi: 10.1016/j.pcd.2014.06.005. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 25095763.
- Driscoll, D.L., Dotterrer, B.A., and Brown, R.A. (2013) Assessing the social and physical determinants of circumpolar population health. International Journal of Circumpolar Health 72 (1): 21400-21404.
- Tomoaia-Cotisel, A., D. Scammon, N. Waitzman, P. Cronholm, J. Halladay, D. Driscoll, L. Solberg, C. Hsu, M. Tai-Seale, V. Hiratsuka, S. Shih, M. Fetters, C. Wise, J. Alexander, D. Hauser, C. McMullen, S. Hudson Scholle, M. Tirodkar, L. Schmidt, K. Donahue, M. Parchman, K. Stange. (2013) "Context Matters: The Experience of 14 Research Teams in Systematically Reporting
Contextual Factors Important for Practice Change" The Annals of Family Medicine 11 (Suppl 1), S115-S123
- Driscoll, D., B. Dotterrer, D. Collins, K. Ogilvie, J. Grube, K. Johnson (2012) "Demographic and contextual factors associated with inhalant use among youth in
rural Alaska." International Journal of Circumpolar Health 71: 1.
- Johnston JM, Smith JJ, Hiratsuka VY, Dillard
DA, Szafran QN, Driscoll DL. Tribal implementation of patient centered medical home model in Alaska
accompanied by decreased hospital use. International Journal of Circumpolar Health. 2013; 72: 20960 - http://dx.doi.org/10.3402/ijch.v72i0.20960.
Epub 2013 Aug 5.
- Driscoll, D,
Hiratsuka V, Johnston J, Norman S, Reilly K, Shaw J, Smith J, Szafran Q,
Dillard D. (2013) Process and Outcomes of Patient-Centered Medical Care With Alaska Native
People at Southcentral Foundation. The Annals of Family
Medicine 11 (Suppl 1), S41-S49
- Driscoll DL, Sunbury T, Johnston
J, Renes S. Initial findings from the implementation of a community-based sentinel
surveillance system to assess the health effects of climate change in
Alaska. International Journal of Circumpolar Health. 2013;72:
21405- http://dx.doi.org/10.3402/ijch.v72i0.21405. Epub 2013 Aug 5.
- Ferucci ED, Johnston JM, Gaddy JR, Sumner L, Posever JO, Choromanski TL, Gordon C, Lim SS, Helmick CG. Prevalence and incidence of systemic lupus erythematosus in a population-based registry of American Indian and Alaska Native people, 2007 –2009. Arthritis and Rheumatology. 2014;66:2494-2502. PMID: 24891315.
- Driscoll, D., A. Sorensen, M. Deerhake. (2012) "A Multidisciplinary Approach to Promoting Healthy Subsistence Fish Consumption
in Culturally Distinct Communities." Health Promotion Practice. 13(2): 245-251.
- McCormack, L., K. Treiman, C. Bann, P. Williams‐Piehota, D. Driscoll, L. Poehlman, C. Soloe, K. Lohr, S. Sheridan, C. Golin, S. Cykert, R. Harris (2011) "Translating Medical Evidence to Promote Informed Health Care Decisions." Health Services Research 46 (4): 1200-123M3.
- Driscoll, D., J. Miller, H. Voorhees, B. Dotterrer. (2010) "Assessing the influence of health on rural outmigration in Alaska." International Journal of Circumpolar Health 69(5): 528-44.
- Gansler T, J. Kepner, E. Willacy, C. Soloe, D. Rupert, M. Jarblum, D. Driscoll, A. Orr, T. Fitzgerald, A. Esparza. (2010) "Evolving Information Priorities of Hematologic Cancer Survivors, Caregivers, and
Other Relatives." Journal of Cancer Education 2010 Jan 30.
- Driscoll, D.L. and Windsor, R. (2010) Process and Qualitative Evaluation. In Evaluating Health Promotion and Disease Prevention Programs. R. Windsor, ed. Sage Publications.
- Blitstein, J., W.D. Evans, and D.L. Driscoll. (2009) What is a public health brand? Public Health Branding: applying marketing for social change. W. D. Evans and G. Hastings, eds. Oxford University Press.
- McCormack, L., M.A. Lewis, and D.L. Driscoll (2008) Challenges and limitations of applying branding. In Social marketing. Public Health Branding: applying marketing for social change. W. D. Evans and G. Hastings, eds. Oxford University Press.
- Driscoll, D. L., R.J. Rupert, C.E. Golin, L.A. McCormack, S.L. Sheridan, B.M. Welch, and J.A. Poehlman. (2008) "Promoting Prostate-Specific Antigen Informed Decision-Making: evaluating two
community-level interventions." American Journal of Preventive Medicine, 35(2): 87-94.
- Mobley, L., T. Kuo, D. Driscoll, L. Clayton, and L. Anselin. "Heterogeneity in Mammography Use Across the Nation: Separating Evidence of
Disparities from the Disproportionate Effects of Geography", International Journal of Health Geographics. 30 June 2008, 7:32-39.
- Driscoll, D.L., S.A. Appiah-Yeboah, P.S. Salib, and D.J. Rupert. (2007). "Merging Qualitative and Quantitative Data in Mixed Methods Research: How To and
Why Not." Ecological and Environmental Anthropology, 3(1):19-28.
- Driscoll, D.L., L. Rojas-Smith, S.Y. Sotnikov, K.D. Gadsden-Knowles, N. Perry, D.D. Lenaway, and K.P. Halverson. (2006) "An Instrument for Assessing Public Health System Performance: Validity in Rural
Settings." National Rural Health Association, 22(3): 254-259.
- Eisenberg M., C. Ringwalt, D. Driscoll, M. Vallee, and G. Gullette. (2004). "Learning from Truth(sm): Youth Participation in Field Marketing Techniques to
Counter Tobacco Advertising." Journal of Health Communication, 9(3): 223-231.
- Gordian ME, Haneuse S, Wakefield J. (2006) An investigation of the association between traffic exposure and the diagnosis of asthma in children. J Expo Sci Environ Epidemiol. January, 16(1):49-55. [Abstract]
- Gordian, M.E., Choudhury A. (2003) PM10 and asthma medication in schoolchildren. Arch Environ Health, 58(1): 42-7.
- Hamrick, K.J. & Smith, J. (2004) Potential future studies on the nutritional status among indigenous peoples in Alaska and the Russian Far East: Preliminary assessment of the Social Transitions of the North data set. Int J Health, 63 Suppl 1: 43-48.
[Full text] (pdf)
- Hesselbrock, M.N, Hesselbrock, V.M., Segal, B, Schuckit, M.A., and Bucholz, K.K. (2003) Ethnicity and psychiatric Co-morbidity among alcohol dependent persons who received inpatient treatment: African Americans, Alaska Natives, Caucasians and Hispanics. Alcoholism: Clinical & Experimental Research, 27(8): 1368-1373.
- Hesselbrock V., Hesselbrock M., and Segal B. (2003) Alcohol dependence and health care Utilization among Alaska Natives.Alcoholism: Clinical & Experimental Research, 27(8): 53-1355.
- Hild. C.M. (2003) Communicating Risks About Alaska Natives’ Food. Northwest Public Health, Spring/Summer: 12 - 13.
- Hild, C.M. (2003) Chapter 11 Contaminants in Alaska: Is America’s Arctic at Risk? (pages 95-108) for the publication The Status of Alaska’s Oceans & Watersheds 2002. Prepared under contract by theExxon Valdez Oil Spill Trustee Council, Anchorage, AK, February: 118 pages.
- Hild, C.M. (2004) Chapter 3 Local and Traditional Knowledge of Special Places. Shadow Lands – The utility of the ANCSA 14(h)1 Set-aside Lands Documentation Collection. U.S. Department of Interior, Bureau of Indian Affairs, ANCSA Reality Office, Anchorage, AK, Chapter 3 is nine pages of the full document estimated at 150 pages.
- Hild, C.M. (2004) Arctic telehealth: North to the Future. Presentation summary from the International Congress on Health (ICCH) 12 Nuuk, Greenland 11 September 03, International Journal of Health, Supplement 2: 63-70.
- Hild, C.M. & V. Stordahl (2004) Chapter Human Health and Well-being.Arctic Human Development Report, Icelandic committee of the Arctic Council. Chapter is 20 pages of the full document of 200 pages.
- Parks, C.A., Hesselbrock, M.N., Hesselbrock, V.M., and Segal, B. (2003)Factors affecting entry into substance abuse treatment: Gender differences among alcohol dependent Alaska Natives. Social Work Research, 27(3): 151- 162.
- Saylor, B. (2003) Observations of the Healing Power of Narrative. Arctic Anthropology, 40(2): 109-111.
- Saylor, B. (2004) Native American health authorities are an essential part of Alaska’s public health effort. Northwest Journal of Public Health, Fall 2004.
- Saylor, B. (2004) New program for training Alaska Native health researchers. Winds of Change, Fall 2004.
- Saylor, B. Cochran, P. (2004) Forward, Special Issue on Social Transitions in the North.International Journal of Health, Supplement 1.
- Saylor, B.,& Hughes, G. (2004) The preliminary assessment of the social transitions of the north dataset: A comparison of STN survey and enumeration data for selected Northwest Alaskan communities.International Journal of Health, Supplement 1.
- Smith HS, Bjerregaard P, Chan HM, Corriveau A, Ebbesson SOE, Elzel R, Fabsitz RR. Hakonarson H, Hild C, Nobmann ED, Reading J, Tereshchenko L, Young TK, Howard BV. (2006) Research with Arctic peoples: unique research opportunities in heart, lung, blood and sleep disorders: working group summary and recommendations Int J Health, 65(1): 1-96.
[Full text] (pdf)
- Smith, J., P. Easton, D. Wiedman, N. Rody, K. Hamrick, E. Nobmann, E.G. Widmark, D. Peck. & J. Cipra, (2004) Comparison of BMI and body fat determinations in rural Alaska women: Results of the WIC Healthy Mom Survey, Summer 2001. Alaska Medicine, 46(1): 18-27.