Students currently on an F-1 visas at another US SEVP certified institution must have their SEVIS record transferred to UAA. By transferring your SEVIS record you will keep your SEVIS ID and will not need to pay the SEVIS I-901 fee to transfer to UAA. 

Important visa note: Your F-1 visa is valid for re-entry into the United States until its expiration date, regardless of which institution is printed on the visa. If your visa expires in the US, you do not need to get a new visa immediately. If you leave the US, you cannot re-enter on an expired visa, and would need to renew it before returning to the US.

To Do for UAA

  • Follow the application process to be accepted to UAA. 
  • Upon acceptance, provide financial proof, as required to accept your admission.
  • Print & Complete the Transfer form.
  • You will receive a new I-20 once your SEVIS record has been transferred.
  • Check-in with International Student Services at the beginning of the semester.

To Do for Outgoing Institution

  • Notify your international adviser of your transfer.
  • Provide a copy of your UAA acceptance letter.
  • Give the transfer form to your international adviser to complete and return to UAA.
  • Request final official transcripts to be sent to UAA.