International Studies Tuition Waivers - Spring 2013
Deadline for Spring Submission: January 11, 2013
Qualified International Studies majors are encouraged to apply for a program tuition waiver. Each fall and spring semester, depending on funding, the International Studies Program awards a limited number of tuition waivers through a competitive process. Recipients are selected by program faculty. Notification usually comes two weeks before the semester start dates, with a very quick turnaround, so students will want to prepare early. The deadline will be posted upon notification of funding.
To qualify, a student:
- must be a declared International Studies Major
- must be a full-time student (at least 12 credits) in Spring 2013
- must have a minimum GPA of 3.2
Preference will be given to students who:
- demonstrate excellent academic progress
- submit a well-written, focused essay on the assigned topic
- International Studies Tuition Waiver Application (see link below).
- A typed 1-2 page (500 word) statement addressing 1) how you became interested in International Studies; 2) what you have accomplished relative to the Program to date; and 3) your immediate and long-range goals and how you plan to accomplish them.
- An academic resume
- A copy of the student's UAA transcript (can be unofficial).
Recipients are selected by program faculty. Applications are due to Brenda Henderson in ADM 262 by Friday, January 11, 2013, at noon. Applications can be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org, but must be received by the Friday deadline.
Application: Spring 2013 Tuition Waiver Application