Blackboard is upgrading!
by Michelle Saport |
UAA's Blackboard Learn system will be upgraded to the October 2014 version over winter break, exact dates TBA. To facilitate the upgrade, Blackboard Learn will be unavailable during this time.
Why upgrade? The upgrade includes new features to enhance your experience. A few highlights:
- Student Preview - Allows instructors to view all aspects of a course from the student's perspective, including the submission of assignments and feedback/results.
- Spell Check - Now turned on by default in the Content Editor.
- My Grades - Students can now click on the View Feedback button to easily find any instructor feedback.
- Anonymous and Delegated Grading - Allows instructors to hide student names while grading or to delegate grading of particular assessments to multiple graders.
- Significant Figures - Has been added to calculated formula test questions.
How will this affect your course(s)? There will be small changes to the Blackboard Learn interface, including the new Student Preview button, and some improvements to grading areas for journals, blogs and wikis. Users' courses, including content, will not be affected by this upgrade.