March 30, 2017: Panel discussion of alternative courts in Alaska
by Michelle Saport |
Alternative courts panel discussion Thursday, March 30, 7-8:30 p.m. UAA/APU Consortium Library, Room 307 Free and open to the public
Join the UAA Justice Club as they present a panel discussion of alternative courts in Alaska's state and federal district courts.
Drug courts, veteran courts and re-entry courts offer offenders an opportunity to work with a collaborative team toward treatment and rehabilitation.
Learn more about how these courts operate with:
- U.S. District Court Chief Magistrate Judge Deborah M. Smith
- Federal Probation Officer Chris Liedike
- Assistant Professor Cory Lepage
- Assistant Public Defender Ben Muse
- Assistant District Attorney Heather Nobrega