Banner 9 migration to begin fall 2017
by Michelle Saport |
The University of Alaska relies on Banner programming by Ellucian for financial, student services and human resources transactions. Support for the current version will stop fall 2018. We have sixteen months to migrate all operations and business processes to Banner version 9. After December 2018, Banner 8 will not be supported and cannot be used.
The three major functional areas are being upgraded in separate stages. Teams are working on implementation plans now with roll-out to users to occur by Fall 2018. Periodic communication will be sent to let you know the status of the transitions and how it will impact you, the user.
There are several advantages with the upgrade, including a more modern look and feel that is consistent among all functional areas. Functionality is not changed and the background data will remain unchanged. Advantages include:
- Ability to customize with university logos and themes.
- Deployments and future upgrades will be easier and faster.
- Occasional Banner users will find navigation easier. Power users will not lose their shortcuts.
- Can use consistently over more browsers (i.e., not solely dependent on Internet Explorer).
- Offers mobile-ready functionality.
- Offers multiple record view.
Learn more about Banner 9 at ellucian.com/xevision.Functional area updates:
- Human Resources: HR is working on testing and training development now. A pilot group incorporating all HR campus offices and selected PPA/CCC will start Fall 2017. If you are interested in being a part of the pilot, contact your campus HR office.
- Student Services: Financial Aid will most likely be implemented first as the population of users is smaller and there are fewer customizations that must be translated to the new platform.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.