Wild Shore Trio open UAA's music season with free concert - Sept. 23, 2018
by Michelle Saport |
Wild Shore Trio Sunday, Sept. 23, 7:30 p.m. UAA Recital Hall (Fine Arts Building, Room 150)
For the first concert of UAA's music season, the Wild Shore Trio will grace the UAA Recital Hall stage and treat us to a free performance.
The evening's program will be a musical exploration of place. From the edge of the sea to the space under the stairs, join us as these musicians explore the landscapes of memory, feeling and the places we always come back to. We promise this concert will be unlike anything you've heard before.
The evening's program:
- Winslow "The Same Trail" (solo piano)
- Winslow "bypass" (piano trio)
- Matthusen "in absentia" (violin, guitar, wine glasses)
- Gullickson "What We Found Below the Stairs" (violin, guitar)
- Takemitsu "Towards the Sea" (flute, guitar)
- Socolofsky "Bulgarious" (solo flute)
This musical evening will feature new flute, violin, guitar and piano works by contemporary composers, plus the West-coast premiere of a new work by Homer-raised, Juilliard-trained composer and pianist Conrad Winslow. UAA music faculty member Dr. Armin Abdihodzic will be joining the Wild Shore Trio on guitar.
Admission is free. Seating is limited; arrive early to guarantee a seat.