Deck the halls with Homecoming Spirit! Sign up for Office Decoration Competition by Sept. 28, 2018
by Michelle Saport |
Staff and faculty, it's your time to shine and show your UAA spirit! Sign up your department to compete in the UAA Office Decoration Competition, in association with Homecoming 2018.
This year's Homecoming theme is Carnival, so break out the popcorn maker and hear the "ooohs" and "ahhhs" from the audience as your decorations put on a show.
Gather your creative team to plan ideas now! Decorating will begin Monday, Oct. 1 and closes Friday, Oct. 5. Judging will begin the following Monday, Oct. 8.
There will be a chance for two offices to win! The "Royalty Choice Award" will be judged and deemed the winners by the Royalty Court Candidates. The "People's Choice Award" will be judged by voters on Facebook. The competition organizers will go to each participating office and take pictures of your work and then post them to the UAA Office Decoration Competition Facebook Event. Make sure you log on and share the event to get more views and Likes. The office with the most Likes wins!
- Use removable adhesives in decorating. (No nails, staples or duct tape.)
- Decorations should not impede entrance or egress. (Doorknobs and locking mechanisms should still work.)
- Decorations should not interfere with teaching or learning.
- Be mindful of fire safety issues when decorating (i.e., don't hang crepe paper streamers from the sprinklers).
- Extension cords should be used with caution; avoid placing them where they might cause a hazard and tape down cords to the ground.
- Spend no more than $100 for new materials; use of recycled materials is encouraged.
- Adhere to the theme of Homecoming (Carnival)
- Creativity - Artistic design, colorful, novel use of materials
- Theme - Adheres to the theme of Homecoming (Carnival)
- Originality - Unique approach to theme, novel use of materials
- Construction - Neat and tidy, follows safety or material rules, sturdy construction of display
- Spirit - Uses of team mascot, colors, and logos, avoid offensive displays
"The Royalty Choice Award" will be the highly coveted Chancellor's Cup to showcase in your office as well as a formal announcement in the Green and Gold.
"The People's Choice Award" will be coffee vouchers for the Drowsy Wolf Cafe located in the UAA Bookstore.
- Sign-up deadline: Friday, Sept. 28
- Decorating begins Monday, Oct. 1
- Decorating closes Friday, Oct. 5
- The Royalty Court judging will begin Monday, Oct. 8
- The Royalty Choice Award will be decided the week of Oct. 8
- UAA Office Administration will travel to offices taking photos for Facebook Monday, Oct. 8
- The People's Choice Award will be decided on Friday, Oct. 12
Sign up your office here. Sign-up deadline is Friday, Sept. 28.For questions, please contact Kyra McKay at email@example.com.
Brought to you by UAA Employee Wellness and Student Activities and Commuter Programs.
For another opportunity to showcase your department's UAA spirit during Homecoming, sign up for the Shopping Cart Parade by Sept. 28.