IT Services notice regarding macOS 10.15 Catalina update
by Michelle Saport |
The latest update from Apple, macOS 10.15 Catalina disables functionality for 32-bit applications, for example, the Adobe CS6 Suite offered by UA OIT. A list of known issues with Catalina and our current IT infrastructure is presented below. You have two options available for macOS updates:
- Option 1: Delay updating to macOS 10.15 Catalina and continue to use 32-bit applications. It is recommended that automatic updates be disabled. To disable automatic updates, please take the following steps.
- Option 2: Upgrade to macOS 10.15 Catalina and update or purchase newer 64-bit versions of any applications incompatible with macOS 10.15 Catalina.
The following software, supported by IT Services, have known issues with macOS 10.15 Catalina:
- Adobe CS6 - The UA OIT managed licenses of Adobe products like Acrobat Pro, Photoshop,
Indesign, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Flash, Illustrator, and Premiere.
- Presently there is no known planned license upgrade by UA OIT. If you need an updated version, Adobe does offer educational discounts ("All Apps" is the best deal and includes Acrobat Pro).
- Symantec Endpoint Protection - Virus and Malware Protection
- UA OIT and UAA's remote support tools will not work on a Mac running macOS 10.15 Catalina.
- Endnote - UAF licensed
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your local campus help desk:
UAA IT Services Technical Support Center Email: email@example.com 907-786-4646 or 877-633-3888 Toll-Free
UAS IT Helpdesk Email: firstname.lastname@example.org 907-796-6400 or 877-465-6400 Toll-Free
UA Office of Information Technology Service Desk (UAF & Statewide) Email: email@example.com 907-450-8300 or 800-478-8226 Toll-Free