Updates from General Support Services
by General Support Services |
Please take a moment to read the latest updates from UAA General Support Services:
- UAA Recycling routes are currently suspended as a result of building access limitations and decreased staff/faculty/students on campus. Pick up will be provided on an as needed/request basis in the near term. Departments that have recycling bins to be emptied should email email@example.com and those services will be provided by Surplus or Mailroom staff as available.
- Copy & Print Center continues to be available to meet the needs of our UAA community. Requests should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via digital storefront. Both are being monitored by staff and production team members are available. You may also call 786-6860 as this number has been forwarded and will be answered or calls returned in a timely manner. All materials related to the COVID-19 health emergency are being discounted 15 percent. We ask departments to pay via chargeback to org/fund and not use procards at this time if at all possible since we have decreased front counter/register in-person services to limit interactions.
- Mail route needs are being evaluated based on changing availability of UAA departmental staff and how to best serve the UAA community and also limit interaction. More information will be posted as soon as possible. If you are working from home and need to pick up your departmental mail at this time, please call ahead to the Mailroom and set up a time. We will only allow one customer at the Mailroom counter at a time to comply with social distancing and keep everyone's health in mind. We ask departments to pay for postage services and express mail services via charge-back to org/fund and not use procards at this time if at all possible since we have decreased front counter/register in-person services to limit interactions.
- Surplus & Relocation is providing services as needed for essential and timely needs. This involves surplus property services related to Facilities project deadlines or
other needs that cannot be postponed at this time. In addition, if a UAA department
is assigning staff or faculty to work from home, Surplus & Relocation will provide
a service to deliver the employee's computer and up to one box of other materials
from campus to the home if the employee is unable to do so due to physical limitations.
There will be no charge for this service. Departments must adhere to a specific process
- Department must make sure documentation has been done to allow for university equipment to be taken off campus to a personal residence using the UA form.
- Department authority (not the individual working from home) should email Surplus (email@example.com) with the request and note what items are to be moved, the current (on-campus) location, the residence address for delivery and a contact name and phone number for the employee receiving the items, so we can coordinate delivery.
- Department should disconnect all equipment and have it ready to be picked up — preferably boxed, but we'll box it if needed.
- GSS staff will NOT enter the residence or set up any items/equipment. Property will be delivered to the front door or lobby of residence.
"Updates from General Support Services" is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.