UAAVotes! Submit a proposal this summer
by Green & Gold News |
The UAA Campus Community is proud to present UAAVotes! UAAVotes aims to elevate civic engagement programs at UAA in fall 2020, including community events, department programs and student organization activities.
If you believe civic engagement and election education is important and want to make an impact this election season, UAAVotes is here to help. We're offering selected event proposals the following benefits:
UAAVotes event marketing and promotion
- E-Newsletters: We can market your event to more than 10,000 UAA students.
- Social media: Our pages reach more than 5,000 followers across Instagram and Facebook.
- UAAVotes Bonus Ballot Program: Our program incentivizes participation in multiple UAAVotes events.
Event logistics support
- Schedule planning: We can collaborate to schedule your event and prevent overlapping programs, increasing your potential reach.
- Event space in the Student Union: We can provide free or reduced cost space in the Student Union for in-person UAAVotes events.
- COVID-19 adaptability: We can assist with modifying your event to comply with up-to-date COVID-19 restrictions, which may include adapting your event to virtual delivery.
Access to a network of community partners
- Student organizations
- Native Peoples Action Community Fund
- The Alaska Center Venture Fund
- Campus Vote Project
Fall 2020 Program Opportunities
UAAVotes is planning fall semester programs through Election Day 2020. Submit an event proposal for any of the following programs:
Sept. 14-17: Democracy & Civic Action Week
Virtual Only | This week's events explore diverse perspectives about the role of democracy and civic engagement in the United States. Engage the UAA Community in reflecting on the rights and responsibilities that are fundamental to creating a civil society.
Oct. 1-31: Educated Elections Month
Virtual and In-Person | This month's events are all about educating voters; from voter registration and the voting process to who and what is on the ballot, there's a lot to learn before students submit their vote.
Nov. 3: Election Day
Virtual and In-Person | Celebrate Election Day with UAAVotes! With only 24 hours in the day, only the best Election Day proposals will be selected. It's time to get creative!
Proposals will be reviewed by the UAAVotes Planning Committee. Submit your event proposal by:
- June 30: Early-bird deadline
- Events proposed by this deadline will be confirmed by July 31.
- Aug. 31: Final deadline
- Events proposed by this deadline will be confirmed by Sept. 15.
Planning around COVID-19
Due to the uncertainty of event planning during COVID-19 restrictions, UAAVotes is supporting both in-person and virtual events and initiatives in the Fall 2020 semester.
Proposals for events and initiatives to be delivered in-person must adhere to UAA requirements for social distancing and sanitation. Seeing as these requirements may change, selected in-person proposals will receive ongoing support as needed from Student Life and Leadership to ensure the health and safety of our community.
In-person events may be subject to modification if COVID-19 restrictions increase. Proposals for in-person events are expected to outline a backup plan — just in case.
Proposals for events and initiatives to be delivered virtually are subject to UAA requirements for accessibility and security. Selected virtual proposals will receive ongoing support as needed from Student Life and Leadership to ensure the accessibility and safety of our community.