Reminder: Register your new WolfCard
by Bill Jacob, Interim Vice Chancellor for Administrative Services |
Dear UAA Community,
In fall 2020, UAA began replacing and expanding the existing building swipe card access system, which provides keyless entry to UAA facilities using your WolfCard. Upgrading the technology and hardware stabilizes the card access system, providing increased user reliability and security improvements for the UAA campus.
Your new WolfCard
New WolfCards are being sent the week of Nov. 30 to mailing addresses on file for all faculty, staff and current students who are existing cardholders. If you have not received your new card yet, please go to the UAA/APU Consortium Library Circulation Desk. A number is posted on the door you can call to gain access if you do not have a card. If you have registered your new card and experience problems accessing a building, please call the UAA Technical Support Center at 907-786-4646.*
What do I need to know?
- ITS staff will begin the system update on Friday, Dec. 18, at 7 p.m. and access may be intermittent until Saturday, Dec. 19, at 7 a.m.
- Old WolfCards will cease to function on Dec. 18, 2020, at 7 p.m.
- New cards will be functional after Dec. 18.
- Visit Register My WolfCard. Registration is required prior to use. Instructions are available on the website.
- New cards will work on both existing magnetic stripe and new contactless door hardware. The swipe capability will continue to be used for some readers while hardware is being updated and for other campus services such as swipe-managed print stations.
- Please note: If you do not currently have a WolfCard, you can request a new one compatible with the updated system at the Consortium Library Circulation Desk after Dec. 18.
Please continue using your old WolfCard until Dec. 18. Since many students and employees are not on campus in late December, it is critical you register your new WolfCard prior to the university reopening on Jan. 4, 2021, and in advance of spring semester classes beginning on Jan. 11.
I invite you to visit our FAQ page for more specific information about the process. Thank you for your partnership as we continue to make improvements to building safety and security at UAA.
Interim Vice Chancellor for Administrative Services
*Message updated Jan. 8, 2021. Original language read: "If you have not received your new card by Dec. 11, 2020, and need it for the start of the spring semester, please contact the UAA Technical Support Center at 907-786-4646."