You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
March 26: NCBI Social Inclusion & Equity Workshop
by UAA National Coalition Building Institute |
NCBI Social Inclusion & Equity Workshop
Friday, March 26, 8:55 a.m–1 p.m. via Zoom
Open to all UAA students, faculty and staff. Limited to 20 participants.
UAA is a campus affiliate of the National Coalition Building Institute (NCBI), an international leadership organization that works with colleges, universities and government agencies to create communities of belonging, increase cultural competence and eliminate racism and other forms of oppression.
The award-winning NCBI Social Inclusion and Equity Workshop is a one-day, experiential process with a series of incremental activities. Participants will have an opportunity to:
- Celebrate their similarities and differences as well as recognize the misinformation they have learned about various groups (including their own).
- Learn about and re-evaluate personal attitudes and behaviors that are based on the impact of prejudice and discrimination.
- Claim pride in their group identities.
- Understand the personal impact of discrimination through the telling of stories.
- Your attendance and participation will be recognized by our UAA Interim Chancellor, Bruce Schultz, with a certificate upon successful completion of the NCBI workshop.
We hope that you will be able to join us!
Your voice and contribution will add value to the conversation and workshop experience. Please note: This is an experiential process, so it is important for participants to attend the entire workshop and receive the full benefit of the workshop model.