Seawolf Synergy Social Groups March Events
by Green & Gold News |
It has been one month since the launch of our UAA social groups and there is already so much happening within the groups. With over 140 members and an average of 75 individual contributors each week, we're having fun engaging in conversations and getting to know each other better. For example, did you know that...
- your fellow Seawolves are sharing delicious recipes each week?
- seasonal gardening tips and general plant help for beginners are available?
- there are a number of UAA employees who build Lego kits and/or collect figurines?
- happy birthdays and happy gotcha days are celebrated with our four-legged UAA friends?
If you have not signed up to participate yet in Teams, join the conversations!
As we turn the page to a new month and start to dream of spring, our co-leaders have been working on planning some great events for you. Here is what is coming up.
- Nerds: Weekly Trivia Nights at Williwaw
- Thursdays, 7 p.m., Williwaw (609 F St. in Anchorage)
- Crafters: Weekly Craft Circle
- Fridays, noon-1 p.m., Virtual on Teams
- Pet Lovers: Pet Supplies Donation Drive for Anchorage Animal Shelter
- Accepting donations March 5–25, drop off in Rasmuson Hall lobby
- Gardeners: Fruit Trees & Shrubs on Campus Presentation and Q&A
- Wednesday, March 16, noon-1 p.m., Virtual on Teams
- Outdoor Enthusiasts: On-campus Nature Walk with Ryan Buchholdt
- Thursday, March 24, noon-1 p.m., Anchorage Campus
- Bookworms: Spring Book Club
- Friday, March 25, noon-1 p.m., Virtual on Teams
- Travelers: Direct Flight Destinations
- Friday, April 8, 3-4 p.m., Virtual on Teams
- Outdoor Enthusiasts: Basics of Outdoor Safety with Dorn Van Dommelen
- Friday, April 15, 3-4 p.m., Virtual on Teams
- Foodies: Cooking Competition (Coming in April)
Questions about the Seawolf Synergy Social Groups? Please reach out to Ahmbra Austin (email@example.com) or Katie Walter (firstname.lastname@example.org). We're here to make this a meaningful and fun experience for everyone!
These events are not sponsored by UAA and participation is voluntary. Please ensure you have supervisor approval to attend any event held during work hours. For in-person events, all COVID-19 guidelines will be followed based upon the most current information available and as it relates to the location of the event. Transportation to events held off campus is not provided.