How to Apply for Housing
Update on Applications and Availability for the 2020-2021 Academic Year
Due to the impacts of COVID-19, on-campus housing at UAA will operate at a reduced capacity and with limited services in fall 2020 and spring 2021. Only applicants meeting certain exception criteria such as in-person classes, inadequate internet access at home, or other collegiate obligations to be physically on campus will be approved to live in campus housing. Students meeting one of the above criteria who are interested in living on campus can complete a form found on their Housing Page on UAOnline to request consideration for campus housing. Once you've completed the appropriate form, On-Campus Living staff will follow up with you on next steps.
- Students interested in housing during the fall 2020 semester should complete the Request to be Added to the On-Campus Living Fall 2020 Waitlist.
- Students interested in housing during the spring 2021 semester should complete the Interest Form for Spring 2021 Housing.
The Centers for Disease Control has indicated that high-density congregate housing is risky due to the infectious nature of COVID-19. Special policies and procedures related to COVID-19 have been instituted on campus, including single occupancy in all suites and apartments to promote social distancing. For this reason, availability in campus housing is limited. Students who don't fall into the exception criteria to live on campus should plan to participate in online courses at home if possible or pursue other off campus housing arrangements in non-congregate environments.
We understand the burden this places on students and their families and are looking forward to a time in the future where we can again accommodate more students with the high quality and engaging residential experience we are known for.
Requirements for On-Campus Living
Students approved to live on campus during the fall 2020 and/or spring 2021 semesters must be enrolled in a minimum of nine (9) credits each semester in the fall and spring semesters for undergraduates and three (3) credits each semester for graduate students. As the Housing community is a scholastic environment, resident students are expected to make academic progress throughout the school year.
At this time, UAA does not have co-ed or family housing available.
How to Apply
Students approved to live on campus will be given access to an online Housing application available on their UAOnline student account.
Steps to apply:
- Log in to UAOnline
- Choose Student Services and Account Information
- Choose Campus Housing, Dining and Post Office
- Choose UAA Campus Housing and Dining
- From your Housing Self-Service page, click on the Applications and Forms button and choose the application or form for the semester you plan to enter housing.
- Once you pay the application fee and deposit, your application will be complete
Availability of housing applications on UAOnline:
- Early applications for an upcoming academic year open in Late February/early March.
- Late applications for an upcoming academic year are available after August 1st.
- Applications for spring semester open in October.
- Applications for summer sessions open in March.
Application Fees and Deposit
All students must pay an application fee and refundable* deposit at the time they apply for housing.
|Application Fee for fall applications** submitted on or before August 1||$60|
|Late Application Fee for fall applications** submitted after August 1||$75|
|Application Fee for spring-only or summer-only housing||$60|
*Students must uphold the terms of the Housing Agreement in order for the deposit to be refunded.
** Application fees are non-refundable
Once a student has moved into campus housing, they will have the opportunity in the spring to renew their Housing Agreement for the following academic year during the annual Intentions Period. If students renew their agreements, they do not need to pay the application fee or deposit again and housing deposits will roll forward each academic year that the student resides on campus. If students do not renew their agreements during the Intentions Period, they'll need to reapply for campus housing and pay the application fee and deposit again.