Meal Plan for for the 2020-2021 Academic Year
Due to the unprecedented nature of COVID-19 and the safety measures being implemented to protect the community, On-Campus Living and Seawolf Dining will offer an alternate dining program for the fall 2020 and spring 2021 semesters.
Residential Meal Plan Description and Rate
This year only one meal plan will be available to serve students living on campus. Only residents of campus housing will be allowed entry to the Gorsuch Commons and the Creekside Eatery, so this plan is not available to non-residential students. Students living in a residence hall (North or East Hall, which do not have in-suite kitchens) are required to have the alternate meal plan.
Alternate Meal Plan - 2020-2021 Academic Year
Cost per Semester: $1800
- 21 Meals per Week
- Description: The alternate meal plan provides a hot brunch (11 am - 1 pm) and dinner (4:30 - 7:30 pm), grab-and-go from the Creekside Eatery seven days a week. Students will have the option to swipe for additional meals to take back to their rooms at each meal service to use 21 meal swipes per week. Note: brunch service will begin on September 8th.
How the Meal Plan Works
- When does Meal Plan service start?
Dinner service will begin on August 17 to accommodate extended student move-in this fall. Brunch service will begin on September 8th.
- What hours will the Creekside Eatery be open?
The Creekside Eatery will be open during the hours below for grab-and-go meals:
- Brunch: 11 am - 1 pm
- Dinner: 4:30 - 7:30 pm
- What is the average meal cost for me under this plan? The cost per meal is about $4.76.
- What happened to Dining Dollars? Dining options on main campus will be limited or unavailable and the Bear Necessities convenience store will be closed this semester. There will be no place to use dining dollars this fall, so they are not a part of the meal plan.
- Are students living on campus required to have a meal plan?Students living in one of the residence halls (North, or East Hall) are required to have the meal plan. If you're assigned to one of those halls, the plan will automatically be added to your account.
Students in the MAC or Templewood apartments can select the plan on their Housing Self-Service on UAOnline.
- Can I purchase a meal plan if I don't live on campus?
Not this fall. Due to COVID-19 and safety policies established for residential campus, only students living on campus will be able to access the Creekside Eatery. Meal Plan options for off-campus students will return once the pandemic has subsided.
- What if I need to quarantine in my room and can't pick up my meals?
Residents with a meal plan who are in "quarantine," "isolation" or "strict social distancing" statuses are not allowed to come to the Commons to pick up food. These residents can have meals delivered to them. Please see the information below about ordering meals for delivery:
- Brunch Monday - Friday: Call the Housing Desk at 907-751-7202 between 11 am and 12 noon. Meals will be delivered around 1 pm
- Brunch Saturday - Sunday: Call the RA on duty for your area at the numbers below between 11 am and 12 noon.
Meals will be delivered around 1 pm.
- North and MAC Apartments: 907-529-9176
- East and Templewood Apartments: 907-529-9178
- Dinner Monday - Sunday: Call the RA-on-duty for your area at the numbers above between 5 and 6 pm. Meals will be delivered between 6-7 pm.
Note: only residents who are in quarantine, isolation or strict social distancing are eligible for meal delivery. All other students should go to the Commons to pick up their meals. For more information about these statuses, see the COVID-19 Protocols webpage.
- How do I pay for my meal plan?
Your meal plan charge will be billed to your student account and will be due by the published UAA payment deadlines.
- Can I use a meal swipe to treat someone else to a meal?
Not this semester. Only students residing on campus will be able to access the Creekside Eatery this fall.