- Explore On-Campus Living
- Apply for Housing
- Move-In Guide
- Community Living Standards
- Residence Hall Association
Pre-Move in Guide
Things to do early to get ready for your move-in to campus housing.
Check that your preferred email is correct on UAOnline
The Housing Office will communicate with you primarily through your preferred email. Please take a moment to check your UAOnline account to make sure your preferred email is set to an email address you regularly check. If you have applied for housing and haven't seen any confirmation emails, check your spam filter and be sure that emails from UAA Housing are not marked as spam. You can also add UAA Housing (firstname.lastname@example.org) to your contacts list to be sure that you're receiving emails from our office.
To check which email address is your preferred email on UAOnline, follow these steps:
- Log in to UAOnline
- Select "Personal Information" from the tabs at the top
- Select "Manage Your Address, Email and Phone Information"
- Check your Student Preferred Email and make changes if necessary
Get your immunization documentation submitted to the Health Center. If you’re a late applicant to student housing for the fall semester, the Health Center will be available at fall check-in to accept immunization documentation. Submitting your forms and being fully compliant with immunization policies before you arrive will make your check-in faster and easier.
Connect with your Roommate
Housing assignments will be published mid-July for fall semester or early January for spring semester. You’ll receive an email from the Housing Office when you can view your room assignment and roommates on your Housing Page on UAOnline. We suggest your email your roommate(s) to introduce yourself, or possibly decide who will bring what (microwave, mini-fridge, etc).
Decide What to Bring and What to Leave Home
- Towels/wash cloths
- Personal toiletries, including toilet paper!
- Bedding - sheets (twin long), blankets, pillow
- Laundry bag or basket plus detergent
- Iron & ironing board
- Cleaning supplies for your bathroom and room (including a vacuum)
- Photos, personal items, or wall decor to make you feel at home
- Winter clothes, hat, gloves, & boots
- An umbrella or raincoat (water-resistant footwear is also a good idea)
- School or office supplies
- Computer or laptop. Note: UAA Residential Campus has Wi-fi access in all building. To utilize the internet capabilities in your room, you'll need a Wi-fi compatible device.
- Other personal items such as a bike or stereo.
MAC and Templewood Residents will also need:
- Pots & pans
- Cooking utensils
- Dishes and silverware
- Limited storage space prohibits the removal of existing furniture and minimizes space available for personal furniture.
- The residential community provides a gun safe for weapons storage. Personal possession of firearms is prohibited.
- Pets (except fish in a 10 gallon or less tank) are not allowed in the residential community.
- Prior to packing, please review Section 6 - Facilities Usage and Maintenance of your Housing & Dining Agreement, which provides detailed information regarding items that are prohibited in the Residence Halls and Apartments.
Here is a brief list of items NOT to bring:
- Candles, incense or anything with an open flame
- Halogen or Octopus lamps
- Personal satellite dishes
- Illegal drugs, alcohol or hookahs
- Darts and dartboards
- Non-university air conditioners, space heaters, ceiling fans and other large appliances, including washers/dryers or full-sized refrigerators
- Fish tanks over 10 gallons
- Cooking appliances in the residence halls (toaster or toaster ovens, sandwich presses or grills)
Order Bedding Through the UAA Campus Market Page
If you're looking for extra long sheets or other items for your room, visit the Our Campus Market UAA Page. A portion of the profits from sales of these items go to benefit leadership and engagement opportunities in the UAA On-Campus Living residential community.
If shipping items to campus, be sure not to order items too early. The Housing Office cannot accept shipments for incoming fall students before August 14.
Personal Property Insurance
Students are encouraged to obtain insurance coverage for personal property (similar to renter's insurance). The University is not responsible and does not provide insurance for the loss or theft of, or damage to personal property. This includes damage caused by failure or interruption of utilities.
National Student Services, Inc. is one company that provides students the opportunity to apply for coverage or renew or modify existing coverage. Many other insurance providers (for example, Progressive) may also cover your personal property under a renter's insurance policy.
Room Decor Ideas
Shipping Things to Your New Home
The UAA Housing Office will accept mail starting August 14 for incoming student for the fall semester and January 5 for incoming students for the spring semester. To ship personal belongings to campus, please use the following address:
c/o UAA Housing
3700 Sharon Gagnon Lane
Anchorage, AK 99508
Please be advised that packages or mail that arrives earlier than the dates above will be returned to sender.
Purchase a Parking Pass
If you’ll have a car on campus, you’ll need to purchase a parking pass to park anywhere on campus (including on residential campus). Housing Residents will need to purchase a Semester Housing Parking Permit each fall and spring semester. These permits are available for purchase from UAA Parking Services starting in August for the fall semester, or in January for the spring semester, and will allow the student to park in the residential campus lots as well as most lots and parking garages on campus. Summer residents will need to purchase a Summer Full Day Parking Permit which allows parking on most of the UAA campus.
Complete Online Check-In Forms Before You Arrive
The Housing Office will email you with instructions when the online check-in forms are ready and you can access and complete them through your Housing Page on UAOnline. Be sure to complete all required forms before arriving for check-in!