Students that have attended a post-secondary institution outside of the United States must submit an official copy of their academic transcript to World Education Services (WES). Do not submit your foreign transcripts directly to UAA. WES will analyze your international degrees and/or coursework and provide U.S. equivalents.

Have you attended an institution in Canada?

Please email and include the name(s) of the institution(s) you attended. A Transfer Credit Specialist will let you know if a WES evaluation is necessary.

Planning to pursue a graduate program at UAA?

UAA needs a copy of your WES ICAP course-by-course evaluation if you:
    1. earned a foreign baccalaureate degree and/or
    2. plan to petition foreign credits to fulfill graduate degree requirements
Otherwise you do not need to order a WES evaluation or an official copy of your foreign transcript.

Ordering process

You will order your evaluation directly from WES and must choose the WES ICAP course-by-course evaluation option. You will also pay the associated fee directly to WES. Be sure to designate UAA as the recipient of your evaluation. UAA does not accept WES evaluations from the students.

Here is how the process works:
WES pic
Photo courtesy of World Education Services

Do you have question about the WES process?

Visit their FAQ page for answers. You may also email our Transfer Credit Specialists at

Interested in reading about the documents WES requires for your country of education?

Visit their Required Academic Documents page to learn more.

Ready to apply for a WES evaluation?

Visit their Apply Now page to get started.

Are you looking for information about the application and admission process for international students?

Please visit the International Student Services webpage for information.