The purpose of the INNOVATE Awards is to inspire faculty research, entrepreneurship and creative activity that will lead to publication in a peer review journal or a creative event, external research funding or Intellectual Property. The INNOVATE Awards were created in 2011 by Dr. Helena Wisniewski, Vice Provost for Research and Graduate Studies, to stimulate new research and IP. All winners names are on a list of current and previous award winners.
2017 INNOVATE Awards - call for proposals
We are happy to announce a call for submisssions for the 2017 INNOVATE Awards. Application materials including the call for proposals, submission guidelines, and application submission form can be found on the INNOVATE Application page.
Applications are due Monday, November 28, 2016 at 5:00pm and can be submitted to email@example.com.
2014 INNOVATE Awards
- Increased funding for the INNOVATE awards
- Proposals of diverse backgrounds were awarded funds
- Two patents awarded
2013 INNOVATE Awards
- Received an additional $200,000 in internal funding for the INNOVATE Awards.
- Increase in the diversity of areas and disciplines, including the sciences, engineering, economics, theatre and dance, English and construction management.
- More awards are interdisciplinary.
- Received proposals from all UAA colleges and schools.
2012 INNOVATE Awards
- Established by the Vice Provost for Research in December 2011 and she acquired $200,000 in internal funding.
- Received 40 proposals.
- Funded 13 proposals in areas including engineering, sciences and arts/humanities.
Accomplishments of 2012
- 11 proposals submitted for external funding, some still under review, with awards totaling over $350,000 in external funding to date.
- Six submissions to peer review journals in process.
- Four invention disclosures and three evolved into patents pending.
- Nine presentations at international conferences.Accomplishments of 2012.