Cross MAU Activity
Proposals Involving Multiple MAUs
Some proposed projects involve more than one Major
Administrative Unit (MAU). The University of Alaska has three MAUs: UAA, UAF and
UAS. An MAU cannot be a subaward in
another MAU's proposal. The University of Alaska is considered one
organization with a single accounting system and, therefore, does not
have an internal subaward mechanism. If one MAU (the prime) writes a proposal which
includes activity that
will be conducted by one or more of the other UA MAUs, the work completed by UAF,
UAA, and UAS IS NOT treated as a subrecipient.
Procedures for proposals with Multiple MAU Involvement:
- Each MAU enters their portion into Banner FRAPROP.
- Each MAU should use their F&A rate for their portion of the proposal.
- The proposal budget should combine all line items for the MAUs involved, with separate MTDC lines for each MAU's F&A recovery, using the multi-unit tab of the budget template.
- Each MAU must submit a signed routing form from their campus to the lead MAU to ensure proper approvals. Note that this is done on each MAU's respective form.
- For NSF proposals, prepare a collaborative proposal in FastLane, unless agency guidelines prohibit it.