You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Cross MAU Activity
Proposals Involving Multiple MAUs
Some proposed projects involve more than one Major
Administrative Unit (MAU). The University of Alaska has three MAUs: UAA, UAF and
UAS. An MAU cannot be a subaward in
another MAU's proposal. The University of Alaska is considered one
organization with a single accounting system and, therefore, does not
have an internal subaward mechanism. If one MAU (the prime) writes a proposal which
includes activity that
will be conducted by one or more of the other UA MAUs, the work completed by UAF,
UAA, and UAS IS NOT treated as a subrecipient.
Procedures for proposals with Multiple MAU Involvement:
- Each MAU enters their portion into Banner FRAPROP.
- Each MAU should use their F&A rate for their portion of the proposal.
- The proposal budget should combine all line items for the MAUs involved, with separate MTDC lines for each MAU's F&A recovery, using the multi-unit tab of the budget template.
- Each MAU must submit a signed routing form from their campus to the lead MAU to ensure proper approvals. Note that this is done on each MAU's respective form.
- For NSF proposals, prepare a collaborative proposal in FastLane, unless agency guidelines prohibit it.