Forms used by the Office of Institutional Research and Compliance are provided on this page for easy access.  The forms are all available as PDF documents.


Biosafety Forms

Training for Biosafety is now provided through the CITI Program. CITI Program's Biosafety and Biosecurity (BSS) content covers the principles of biosafety and biosecurity, including safe use and containment of biohazardous agents.


Chemical Safety Forms

Environmental Health and Safety provide a matrix of forms for laboratory access, laboratory training depending on your function, hazardous waste disposal, chemical transfer, reporting of an injury, etc.  Please review the available forms at the Environmental Health and Safety website and contact their office with questions.


Export Control/ITAR Forms

UAA's Department of Commerce License Exceptions for Travel Outside the United States should be signed and submitted to Andrea Miller at for the Vice Provost for Research's review. For information on who completes the form and other frequently asked questions, please see the Export License Exemption Certification FAQ.

The Certification Regarding the Release of Controlled Technology or Technical Data to Foreign Persons in the United States should be completed and signed by the lead investigator/supervisor and department administrator, and submitted to the Vice Provost for Research prior to Visa approval.

The Export Control for Foreign Vendors form should be completed and submitted to the Vice Provost for Research and Graduate Studies prior to purchasing products or services from a foreign company.

If you are not sure what is covered, General Counsel at Statewide in Fairbanks is a wonderful resource.  They can be reached at (907)450-8080.




IACUC submissions including revision and renewals are now via IRBNet.

Vivarium Housing Request Form

To request use of the Vivarium to house animal research, you must complete a Vivarium Housing Request Form. The completed proposal must be submitted to the Vice Provost for Research and the Chair of the Vivarium Users and Managers Committee (VUMC).


To report a complaint, please read the UAA IACUC's policy on reporting allegations of noncompliance:



IRB Forms (Human Subjects)

Download and read the UAA Instiutional Review Board IRBNet Assistance document.

Locate Forms  

The currently approved IRB application forms are located on IRBNet. From the Designer page, either: 

  • Select a document from the drop down list of Forms and Templates
    • Select the form that you need and save it to your computer to complete. Your work will not be saved and uploaded properly if you fail to save a copy to your computer.
    • Click the Add New Document button to:
      • Upload a document from your computer, which may include your IRB training certificate or letters of support.
      • Any uploaded documents, including the IRB proposal form, consent forms, advertisements and survey instruments, MUST be uploaded as Word documents. Uploading these documents in PDF format will delay the review process. The only exceptions for PDF documents are signed letters of support or confidentiality agreements.


Native American Grave Protection and Repatriation Act (NAGPRA) Forms

All relevant forms to comply with federal regulations are maintained by the National Park Service at their NAGPRA website.


Radiation Safety Forms

UAA has a unique Radiation Use Request Form that needs to be completed and approved by  John Moore (, Radiation Safety Officer (786-1268) prior to submission of your Request Form to the committee. You must receive a facility inspection by the Radiation Safety Officer prior to conducting research with radioactive materials.