The purpose of the April Relyea Scholarship is to offer financial assistance for tuition and other educational expenses to students who are formally admitted into a degree-seeking program at the University of Alaska Anchorage who have intent to explore human-nature relationships through writing or other creative expression.
Award amount is a minimum $500 per academic year
- Applicant should demonstrate environmental interest with intent to explore the topic of human-nature relationships through writing or other creative expressions.
- Applicant must submit an essay about their interest in human-nature relationships and how they intend to pursue that interest at UAA.
- Applicants must be in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 for undergraduate and 3.0 for graduate.
- Applicant must be formally admitted into an undergraduate, graduate, certificate, and/or vocational degree-seeking program at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Applicant must plan on enrolling at least half-time (six (6) credits for undergraduate students, five (5) credits for graduate students ) at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Applicant may be a U.S. citizen, non-U.S. citizen, Alaska resident, or out-of-state resident.
- Recipient must complete a project to receive a second semester scholarship.
- Preference will be given to students with intent to produce work for the Student Showcase and students with a demonstrated interest in writing nature books for children.
To apply for this scholarship please make sure you meet all of the qualifications above, and then login to secured area of UAOnline to complete the electronic scholarship application.
*In addition to the online application, applicants must also submit the following information to qualify for this scholarship
- Applicant must submit two (2) letters of reference from sources having knowledge of their environmental interests. Letters must be mailed or submitted to the UAA Office of Student Financial Assistance by the deadline not postmarked by the deadline. Please submit letters in sealed envelope ATTN: April Relyea Scholarship
UAA Office of Student Financial Assistance
ATTN: April Relyea Scholarship
PO Box 141608
Anchorage AK 99514
UAA at the University Center
3901 Old Seward
Anchorage AK 99503
- Applicant must submit a brief essay (250 words max) in the text box below about their interests in human-nature relationships and how they intend to pursue that interest at UAA.