The purpose of the American Society of Public Administration Scholarship is to recognize academic excellence and to offer financial assistance for tuition and other educational expenses to students who are formally admitted into the Masters of Public Administration degree-seeking program at the University of Alaska Anchorage. This scholarship was founded in memory of John Stafford.
Award amount is a minimum $250 per academic year
- Applicants must be in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 for an incoming student or 3.5 for current and continuing students.
- Applicant must be formally admitted into the Masters of Public Administration degree-seeking program at the University of Alaska Anchorage and have a schedule for completion of the degree.
- Applicant must plan on enrolling at least part-time (three (3) graduate credits) at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Applicant must demonstrate a strong commitment to public service through their past and current activities as well as future goals.
- Applicant’s financial need may be considered in the selection process and in determining the award amounts.
- Applicant may be an incoming or continuing student at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Applicant may be a U.S. citizen, non-U.S. citizen, Alaska resident, or out-of-state resident.
- Applicant must be enrolled in the semester for which the award is made.
- If there is an applicant from the People’s Republic of China, preference may be given to that applicant.
- Please make sure you meet all of the qualifications above
- Login to UAOnline and complete the Scholarship Application