The purpose of the Chris L. Kleinke Scholarship Fund is to provide a monetary award to an outstanding student in the UAA Master’s of Science Program in Clinical Psychology. This award commemorates Dr. Chris L. Kleinke, one of the founding faculty members of the UAA graduate program in Clinical Psychology, who passed away in 1999.
Award amount is a minimum $500 per academic year
- Applicant should demonstrate motivation, academic and leadership potential.
- Applicants must be in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Applicant must be formally admitted into the Master’s Program in Clinical Psychology degree-seeking program at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Applicant must plan on enrolling full-time (nine (9) credits of graduate course work) at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Applicant may be an incoming or continuing student at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Applicant may be a U.S. citizen, non-U.S. citizen, Alaska resident, or out-of-state resident.
- Applicant must be enrolled in the semester for which the award is made.
- Preference will be given to students who have completed at least one year in the Master’s Program in Clinical Psychology.
- Applicants will be ranked by the UAA Clinical Training Committee by the following criteria:
- Academic performance in the MS Program in Clinical Psychology as measures by current UAA graduate GPA, and undergraduate GPA in Psychology courses (not necessarily from UAA).
- Potential for success in the field of Clinical Psychology as measured by clinical community, and/or research experience and letters of recommendation from professional in the field.
- The strength of personal statement detailing the applicant’s plans for a future career in Psychology.
- Please make sure you meet all of the qualifications above
- Login to UAOnline to complete the electronic scholarship application.
- Submit the following information to qualify for this scholarship:
- Applicant must provide two (2) letters of recommendation from Professors and/or Professionals in the Clinical Psychology field.
- Supplemental information must be mailed (or dropped off) to the UAA Office of Student Financial Assistance by the deadline (not postmarked by the deadline). Please submit info in a sealed envelope ATTN: Chris Kleinke Scholarship
UAA Office of Student Financial AssistancePO Box 141608
ATTN: Chris L. Kleinke Scholarship
Anchorage, AK 99514-1608
UAA at the University Center
3901 Old Seward
Anchorage, AK 99503