The purpose of the Commit to Success Scholarship is to provide financial assistance for tuition and other educational expenses to a full-time student, who may otherwise not be able to obtain a four-year college degree. This scholarship shall be provided to students seeking a bachelors degree at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
It is the goal of this scholarship to provide for a student through his/her junior and senior year. A junior, if chosen as a recipient, must continue to meet the minimum qualifications during their senior year. Recipients may receive the scholarship for a standard of four payments, not to exceed two payments per academic year. It is the hope of the donors that this scholarship will allow the recipient not to work and instead to take a full course load so that he/she may complete a bachelors degree program "on-time".
- Recipient must be motivated and highly likely to succeed in completing a four-year degree program.
- Applicant must be formally admitted into a baccalaureate program at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Applicant must plan on continuous full-time enrollment of at least (12) credits per semester in order to complete their degree.
- Applicant must be a graduate of an Alaska public high school.
- Applicant must demonstrate financial need.
- Preference shall be given to first generation college students.
- Applicants must remain in good academic standing and maintain a 3.0 GPA in order to remain eligible for this award during their senior year.
- Applicant must be a junior at the time of initial award.
*In addition to the UAOnline Scholarship Application, applicants must also submit the following to qualify for the Commit to Success Scholarship:
- Applicant must meet with a UAA adviser and have their adviser create an academic plan in Degree Works that clearly defines the student's necessary coursework for their remaining semesters.
- Applicant must submit the Commit to Success Supplemental Scholarship Application, signed by their adviser.
- Applicant must submit one letter of recommendation from a high school teacher, counselor, or representative from the TRIO program. Other adults who know the applicant may also submit the letter of recommendation.
Please submit the form and letter of recommendation in a sealed envelope to:
UAA Office of Student Financial Assistance
ATTN: Commit to Success Scholarship
PO Box 141608
Anchorage AK 99514
Physical Address:UAA One-Stop Center
(south end of the University Center)
3901 Old Seward
Anchorage AK 99503