The University of Alaska Anchorage Chancellor's GCI Alaska Academic Decathlon Tuition Waiver Scholarship is a two semester full-time tuition waiver, twelve (12) credits per semester. This scholarship is limited to students attending the Anchorage campus, and requires formal admission into an undergraduate, certificate, and/or vocational degree-seeking program.
- Applicant should demonstrate motivation, academic and leadership potential.
- Applicants must be in good academic standing with a high school minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Applicant must be formally admitted into an undergraduate, certificate, and/or vocational degree-seeking program at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Applicant must plan on enrolling full-time (twelve (12) credits) at the University of Alaska Anchorage (Anchorage campus courses only).
- Applicant may be a U.S. citizen, non-U.S. citizen, and/or Alaska resident.
- Applicant must be enrolled in the semester for which the award is made.
- Applicant must have participated in the most recent GCI Alaska Academic Decathlon.
- Preference will be given to Alaska residents.
- Preference will be given to applicants who are not possible UA Scholars or Great Achievers (this does not however limit UA Scholars or Great Achievers from applying).
The deadline for the 2014/2015 Chancellor's GCI Academic Decathlon Tuition Waiver is February 15th, 2014. All late and incomplete applications will be disqualified.
- Please make sure you meet all the qualifications above
- Login to UAOnline and complete the Scholarship Application
- Complete the UAA Chancellor's GCI Alaska Academic Decathlon Tuition Waiver Scholarship Application
In addition to the UAOnline Application, complete the UAA Personal Profile Essay: Describe your general educational and career goals. Also emphasize your leadership skills, extracurricular involvement, and any other information we should know about which sets you apart. The UAA personal scholarship profile should be no longer than one (1) page (approximately 500 words).
- Resume: Your resume should include any work experience, extra-curricular activities, and community service you have participated in over the past four years. A formal resume format is required, and should include dates of participation and special awards or honors received.
- Unofficial High School Transcripts: Neither the UAA Office of Student Financial Aid nor the UAA Records Office is able to copy transcripts from your admissions file. You personally must submit a new copy of your transcript with this scholarship application.
- Proof of participation in the GCI Alaska Academic Decathlon.
The above application materials must be submitted by February 15th, 2014 to:
UAA Office of Student Financial Assistance
ATTN: Chancellors GCI Academic Decathlon Tuition Waiver
PO Box 141608
Anchorage AK 99514
UAA at the University Center
3901 Old Seward
Anchorage AK 99503
Fax: (907) 786-6122