The purpose of the Emi Chance Memorial Scholarship is to offer financial assistance for tuition and other related educational expenses to a full-time student attending the University of Alaska Anchorage who has declared a major in Art (for Drawing and/or Painting) who has Junior class standing.
Award amount is a minimum of $500 per academic year
- Applicant should demonstrate motivation, talent, academic, and leadership potential.
- Applicant must have demonstrated a commitment to his/her community.
- Applicant must be in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Applicant must be a full-time student (twelve credits) at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Applicant must be formally admitted into an Art degree-seeking program at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Applicant must be a Drawing and/or Painting major with Junior class standing.
- Applicant must submit one drawing and/or painting with application.
- Applicant may be a U.S. citizen, non-U.S. citizen, Alaska resident, or out-of-state resident.
- Applicant must be enrolled in the semester for which the award is made.
To apply for this scholarship, please log in to UAOnline and complete the electronic scholarship application.
*In order to qualify for this scholarship please submit the additional information below to supplement the online application.
- Applicants must submit one (1) drawing and/or painting to the UAA Office of Student Financial Assistance. This does not have to be the original work, it is preferred that the applicant submit a digital copy or a slide image of the drawing or painting. Artwork must be mailed (or dropped off) to the UAA Office of Student Financial Assistance by the deadline (not postmarked by the deadline). Please submit information in a sealed envelope addressed as follows:
Anchorage, AK 99514-1608
UAA at the University Center
ATTN: Emi Chance Memorial Scholarship
3901 Old Seward
Anchorage, AK 99503